Mgr Brand Stewardship, Funimation
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Mgr Brand Stewardship, Funimation (LA)
Funimation, a Sony Pictures Television Networks Company, is currently seeking a Manager, Brand Stewardship in Culver City. This internal consulting role is a critical component in ensuring the health and growth of the Funimation brand and will be part of the Marketing Strategy team.
Funimation is the go-to destination for extraordinary anime. By combining its integrated in-house studios along with its technology and distribution partnerships, Funimation leads the industry with its omnichannel approach to offering anime to fans – from streaming and home entertainment to theatrical distribution and broadcast television. Additionally, Funimation's audience represents a diverse and passionate group of people that immerse themselves in the worlds of anime, animation, gaming, science fiction, horror, and more. This role requires understanding this audience and having a deep relationship with the content. A love of anime (or a respectful willingness to explore and learn) is key to success.
The ideal candidate has experience in brand and can creatively problem solve; comfort in working within cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Actively supporting the VP, Marketing Strategy in articulating and activating the Funimation brand across the company ecosystem, inclusive of brand architecture, voice, and connection to the brand's visual identity
• Developing and consistently executing brand guidelines and training materials
• Partnering with cross functional teams (including creative, licensing, promotions, sales, business development, etc.) to:
• Manage the Funimation consumer brand and corporate identities
• Develop an overall approval process
• Developing and measuring Brand KPIs, as well as delivering recommendations in service of brand health and growth
• Exceptional relationship builder, who excels at working with others to develop solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communications across all levels, from Executive to junior team members; must also have solid storytelling skills that bring together highly disparate elements together in a cohesive manner
• Strong qualitative and quantitative skills
• A minimal working knowledge of anime
• High degree of maturity and ability to work independently, as well as with teams
• Prior entertainment/media, brand stewardship, or brand strategy experience
• Understanding or experience executing and using insights and data
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios