Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, TV Production Accountant, Record-To-Report, Global Finance Operations
Manager, TV Production Accountant, Record-to-Report, Global Finance Operations
SPE Finance and Accounting is currently defining its roadmap to transform the organization from a Line of Business and territory orientation to one which is global, enterprise-based, focusing on process improvement, standardization, reducing complexity and efficient use of technology. The global team's objectives are to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall team while enhancing the value and accessibility of the data created by the accounting processes which will enable the commercial teams to drive toward greater revenue growth and margin improvements.
The Accounting Manager for the RTR Global Financial Operations (GFO) – TV Production (TVP) will be responsible for the review and Corporate submission of monthly and quarterly close activities related to Balance Sheet and associated analysis functions coupled with continuous improvement, standardization and simplification of those functions and outputs for the TVP Domestic Line of Business. This individual will have two direct reports. This individual will also work closely with SPE's outsource accounting provider, CapGemini.
• Review all significant Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensure balances are properly supported and any reconciling items are researched and explained;
• Review Balance Sheet Flux Analysis to make sure explanations are accurate and have proper support;
• Prepare monthly cash flow reporting package, and analyze variances between actual and budget/forecast;
• Review judgmental and complex Balance Sheet journal entries and the associated support;
• Assist with the review of by title Revenue and Operating Income balances and actual vs. budget/forecast variance analysis;
• Assist with the review of various judgmental Revenue journal entries;
• Review and submit to Corporate monthly and quarterly forms and various packages timely and accurately;
• Review TVP Subsidiaries submitted financials and address any questions timely;
• Establish great working relationship with TVP Subsidiaries;
• Review & document procedures in accordance with SOX and provide requested documentation during the quarterly audit to internal and external auditors;
• Complete special requests for financial and operating management;
• Provide reporting to other internal groups, as necessary;
• Run, or oversee the preparations of, SAP and excel reports for ad hoc analysis required by Operations, Corporate, Tax, and other lines of business;
• Manage, train, oversee two direct reports.
• Define, refine and implement all aspects of the ''GFO Model''. This includes active participation in defining the interaction model with TVP FP&A, Capgemini, and the TVP commercial teams as needed; playing an integral role in maintaining a strong control environment; executing on the appropriate reviews and feedback mechanisms;
• Identify and implement opportunities to eliminate low value work and standardize processes which will reduce complexity and enable greater benefits to be derived from technology (RPA, SAP S4/Hana, etc.);
• Foster an environment which embraces change and thrives in dynamic situations which can often have both unclear and uncertain outcomes;
• Champion the concepts of: Eliminate, Standardize, Optimize, Automate, Robotize (ESOAR);
, Years of Experience, Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
• BS in Accountancy
• Strong Accounting experience (Public Accounting experience is a plus), minimum 6+ years;
• Experience with complex ERP systems and General Ledger postings (SAP a plus);
• Understanding of Entertainment industry accounting is a plus;
• Strong MS Excel skills required (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, VBA Macros, etc.);
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve with reasonable independence;
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects while working in a cross functional team environment;
• Ability to follow-through with co-workers on projects/tasks by setting guidelines, timetables and clear sense of expectations;
• Strong level of communication and interpersonal skills working with staff in multiple time zones and countries;
• Change agent mindset;
• Flexible working hours
• Cultural tolerance
• Empathy and compassion
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, SPE requires all U.S. non-union applicants and employees to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or to request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accomodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios