Manager, TV Production
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/31/2021 5:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, TV Production jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Manager, TV Production postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, TV Production?
Full Time Job
Manager, TV Production - APOC
The Manager Production acts as a liaison between the TV studio, productions, and networks/platforms, overseeing day-to-day production elements of ½ hour single & multi-camera series & pilots produced for network, cable, & SVOD/AVOD platforms. The position juggles a diverse set of responsibilities and works closely with production executives, line producers and productions to ensure each show runs smoothly from pre-production through delivery while adhering to Sony policies.
• Maintain strong relationships with producers, studio executives, agents, studio operations, vendors, & production staff essential to efficiently producing current & upcoming pilots & series.
• Work closely with Business Affairs, Production Accounting, Legal, Risk Management, Programming, Development, Post Production, & Asset Management departmetns to advise on all questions & concerns about the show's production process.
• Coordinate flow of information between production executive and other SPT departments.
• Research & scout online to help identify possible cities & stages for potential projects.
• Locate, scout, & facilitate the setup of Casting, Writers, & Production offices within a given budget. Negotiate & execute lease agreements & vendor rates. Create & track Purchase Orders & costs which will be turned over to the show accountant.
• Manage the respective offices once open. Track their budgets through the management of payroll, purchase orders, invoices & vendor agreements.
• Review, process, oversee the hiring & start paperwork of casting & writers' offices' below-the-line personnel. Submit PAs to background check system, implement spending limits, & oversee time cards, box rentals, Amex expenditures, & petty cash.
• Vet line producers, department heads, & writers' office support staff to ensure the proper hiring of key show personnel.
• Communicate with the DGA to ensure all key documents from each show are submitted by the productions, completed correctly, & policies are followed.
• Manage travel bookings for Comedy productions, establishing travel policies & rates. Oversee travel authorizations through completion of production. Coordinate travel for show producers and casting before the production office is open.
• Hire & manage additional departmental personnel; mentor assistants on Sony policies & working in the entertainment field.
• Shut down offices, disperse of all rentals & purchases and wrap out support personnel & accounts. Manage large scale production wraps working with crew & assets to close out shows.
• Create & maintain processes that support efficient production practices.
• Create & oversee Comedy pilot production calendars, table reads, & tone meetings.
• Create & oversee Scenechronize accounts for all show personnel, ensuring publication of key production/studio documents.
• Apply & maintain yearly California Permit to Employ Minors for all Sony Entertainment Production Entities. Initiate background checks with P&O for Child Labor Coordinators.
• Read & breakdown scripts for budgeting purposes. Review & approve call sheets, production reports, production schedules, & staff/crew lists.
• Ensure that production records are adequately posted, filed and organized according to corporate procedure, i.e. posting of call sheets, staff lists, schedules, finalization of wrap drives & documents.
• Prepare expenses on behalf of production executives & book show related travel
• Other tasks/projects as required
• 5+ year's experience in a production environment
• BA/BS preferred (or equivalent experience)
• Freelance production coordinating experience in scripted TV/Film.
• Corporate office / project management experience in the entertainment field is desired.
• Seeking a professional individual who can build strong relationships with all levels of employees, understands how to identify priorities, & able to pivot from project to project.
• Requires interfacing with various departments including production finance, legal, risk management, studio operations, business affairs and development, therefore, excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential.
• Unwavering attention to detail with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Effective problem solver & ability to multi-task.
• Can manage people effectively.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios