Manager, Strategy and Business Development
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Manager, Strategy and Business Development, Latin America and Canada
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
The primary purpose of this job is to be the person responsible for maintaining and administering key data related to the Ad Sales systems, budget and processes for the SPT Latin America businesses. This individual will work closely with Management, Traffic Operations and Finance and will be a key source of information related to Salesforce and Custom reports in Tableau and Excel. The Coordinator, Ad Sales Strategy Planning role reports directly to the Executive Director of Strategy Planning.
The Manager, Strategy and Business Development will help support Sony Pictures Television's development of strategic initiatives and partnerships across Latin America (including Brazil), Canada and the US Hispanic market. This person will be responsible for coordinating across a variety of business lines in order to identify and evaluate opportunities for growth. As part of this work, the manager will prepare presentations, models, and market analyses for senior management. This person will be responsible for prioritizing accordingly across a mix of ad-hoc requests and long-term projects. The Manager, Strategy and Business Development for Latin America and Canada is based in Miami and reports directly to the Vice President, Digital, Distribution and Networks for Latin America and Canada.
• Develop analyses and financial models to evaluate the performance of key business lines and determine the potential opportunity associated with key initiatives and partnerships. (25%)
• Create insightful presentations, reports, and business plans that effectively communicate recommendations, initiatives, and opportunities to senior management. (25%)
• Conduct market research to inform product, marketing, and pricing strategies. (15%)
• Support Sony's Latin American affiliate sales and Latin American and Canadian digital distribution business. (10%)
• Collaborate with other Sony departments, including Ad Sales, Acquisitions, Sales Planning, Marketing, Finance, Programming, Research, and Human Resources to develop insights and optimize offerings. (10%)
• Attend and participate in meetings with existing and potential partners. (5%)
• Stay knowledgeable about key trends and changes within the media landscape. (5%)
• Other projects as required. (5%)
Experience / Skills:
• 2+ years in consulting, investment banking, business development or strategy.
• Proven analytical and modeling skills and experience in delivering data insights.
• Experience distilling information and preparing documents and presentations for senior executives.
• Robust problem-solving abilities, impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Extremely collaborative, team oriented and proactive.
• Knowledge of the Latin American media market.
• Bilingual skills (English/Spanish), both written and spoken, preferred; Portuguese a plus.
Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami