Manager / Senior Manager, Commercial Strategy & Business Development
Sony PicturesTokyo, TY
Full Time Job
Manager/Senior Manager, Commercial Strategy & Business Development
Based in Tokyo or Hong Kong, reporting to the Vice President, Business Development, APAC, this Business Development role will help support Sony Pictures' digital distribution business across TV and Home Entertainment primarily in Japan. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to work in a fast-growing part of the media industry, interact with senior executives and contribute to Sony Pictures' strategic direction. The candidate will be interested in digital media distribution and attaining a broad and deep understanding of the distribution business necessary to support the sales process – including the product, market trends and the various medias supported – with strong analytical and communication skills.
• Formulate proposals, draft term sheets and review legal documents, build financial models and perform industry research in order to evaluate various negotiating positions and strategies for content licensing deals with new and existing digital clients
• Compile and assess results from digital clients and use these results together with market and industry data to make recommendations on new business initiatives and business models
• Work closely with the local sales team, Home Office in LA, Finance, Legal, Marketing, and Product Fulfillment teams in managing digital deals
• In conjunction with the local sales team, prepare and participate in deal negotiations with digital clients
• Monitor and understand trends in technology, digital media, content protection and consumer viewing habits to provide strategic business insights
• Work on ad-hoc projects involving analysis, budgeting, forecasting and deal/financial tracking
• Educated to a minimum undergraduate degree level
• Minimum 3 years' experience in an analytical role, ideally within a similar environment (media)
• Strong computer skills, in particular Excel (pivot tables, formulas), and comfortable learning new systems
• Fluency in English and Japanese languages
• Highly numerate with excellent analytical and financial analysis skills, keen attention to all details – accuracy, presentation and completeness
• Proactive, flexible and adaptable - evaluates, selects and acts on various methods and strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked or required to do so.
• Adapting to a constantly changing market with very different usage models and requirements to previous deals.
• Good communication skills: clear and articulate when speaking with an individual or before a group; able to express ideas, thought and concepts clearly in writing (structure, grammar, organisation)
• Makes a positive impression; represents the company well on the phone and in person, including maintaining attire and appearance
• Attend and participate in company and department level functions inside and outside of the office.
• Demonstrate an effort to reach out, work and collaborate with resources outside their territory and region.
• Positive attitude, independent with a strong work ethic, and a team player
* Sony Pictures – HKG – Hong Kong, * Sony Pictures – JPN - Tokyo