Manager, Security Services
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Security Services
The Manager, Security Services is responsible for defining security access requirements and providing security solutions for internal departments, productions and external clients and tenants operating at Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) facilities in Culver City. This position serves as the primary liaison to these stakeholders and is responsible for collaborating with security and parking operations leads, Security Technology team representatives and Facility support groups to ensure client needs are met. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining consistency of standards and services through change management activities, and serves as global lead for management of badging, access and SEHS service fulfillment.
Client Services, Culver City:
• Liaise with business unit leaders and department heads to establish security requirements for tenant space.
• Manage access levels for all corporate and production space.
• Document unique operational requirements and edge cases.
• Consult with tenants on appropriate security solutions.
• Collaborate with SEHS and Facilities colleagues to achieve security solutions for stakeholders; through collaboration, define solutions that incorporate guard/patrol services, facility and infrastructure design, and security technology.
• Lead engagement with external production and event clients through SPE lines of business including Studio Operations, Sound/Post Production, Studio Services, MPG and SPT Business Affairs; advise clients on SEHS policies and services; establish client requirements and deploy solutions.
• Manage Security Operations billable costs and revenues; maximize allocation of costs to external clients and internal lines of business and projects; market and sell underutilized parking inventory to external parties during off-peak periods to generate additional revenue.
• Advise, as appropriate, on security policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Maintain professional relationships with vendors, consultants and corporate industry peers.
Change Management, Culver City:
• Monitor and track production and client activity; provide forecasts of activity to security and parking operational leads to streamline demand management and scaling of services.
• Collaborate with Facilities Design and Project Management team to forecast operational impact of construction; engage security and parking operations leads to manage logistical needs and staffing requirements.
• Consult with business unit contacts on security requirements for construction build-outs; collaborate with Security Technology team to ensure compliance to standards and feasibility of administration and operational requirements.
• Collaborate with Facilities Administration on relocations; consult with tenant move captains to insure seamless transition of access, parking and patrol services.
Global Security Operations Administration:
• Manage global badging and access administration.
• Ensure compliance to Sony policies, standards and guidelines regarding physical access, to include issuance of badges, provisioning of access, collection and deactivation of credentials, etc.
• Serve as primary point of contact for SEHS to Studio Service Center team.
• Design processes for SSC representatives to fulfill routine SEHS service requests and escalate complex service requests and issues to the appropriate SEHS team.
• Collaborate with SEHS peers to establish and maintain SLAs for SEHS service fulfillment.
• Collaborate with GSOC and SSC teams to continue migration of routine service requests to self-service portals where possible, and to SSC for additional assistance or when self-service tools are unavailable.
• Consult with SEHS Communications resources to market security services and provide critical employee communications regarding disruption to operations or services.
Projects and Special Assignments:
• Participate in and manage special projects as needed
• Complete additional tasks and assignments as needed
• 5+ years of relevant experience within the entertainment industry
• 4-6 years of management experience with fiscal responsibility over revenue/budget
• Bachelors degree in business or related field
• Security and parking operations
• Motion picture and television production logistics
• Special event logistics
• Security technology such as access control, CCTV and visitor management systems
• Industry trends, products, and services
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong computer skills with standard MS Office software including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint.
• Proficiency with SPE data systems and tools such as Sailpoint, Archibus, OnGuard, ServiceNow, RightCrowd, Traction Guest, etc.
• Strong communication skills – communication with high level stakeholders and VIP clients
• Project management
• Work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Manage responsibilities while working in the field
• Adapt to rapidly changing requirements and prepare for alternatives
• Negotiate with competing stakeholders and reach satisfactory compromises
• Problem-solve and work self-directed
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios