Manager, Sales Planning & Operations
Sony PicturesMumbai, MH
Full Time Job
Manager, Sales Planning & Operations
Based in Mumbai and reporting to both the Vice President of TV Distribution for India and the Vice President of Sales Planning and Operations for APAC , the Sales Planning and Operations Senior Manager/ Manager is an experienced, detailed and process oriented professional able to oversee the development, implementation, execution and ongoing fine-tuning of varied aspects of the sales process including product planning, strategizing, contracting, data entry, reporting, and more.
• Work with local and regional teams in the creation, implementation, execution and achievement of sales strategies and objectives
• Work across divisions and departments to develop solid rationales for the valuation of our Content and Network across all platforms and operators. This would include analyzing and evaluating sales data, validating sales plans, developing sales analysis to support deals negotiation.
• Become an expert in our product catalogue consisting of Hollywood and local Indian/Asian movies and TV series to maximize its exploitation in commercial deals and offerings for India
• Manage Sales budget preparation process, updates, forecasts and presentation in partnership with Finance team for Content Distribution.
• Own the Sales Operations function in India including preparation and review of product availability lists; review contracts, capture and process amendments, sales data entry into internal systems, etc. Be a champion in upholding these Sales Operations Best Practice for Mumbai.
• Create an environment focused on improving process and system efficiency and accuracy
• Ensure proper coordination and communication with Sales team and SP&O Regional Office for all aspects mentioned above
• Involvement in ad hoc projects for India and Regional SP&O team
• Post Graduate Degree holder in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related disciplines
• Overall 5+ years of work experience, with 1 to 3+ years in a managerial capacity is preferred, in any of the following fields – financial analysis/planning, accounting, forensic accounting, external auditing, information systems, sales or business operations, or sales planning
• A strong, aggressive and passionate drive to lead and achieve results, and create an environment focused on ongoing improvements in processes, system efficiency and accuracy
• Expertise in handling, analyzing and interpreting large samples of data in a logical and accurate manner
• Strong strategic and analytical mind-set and focus with the ability to work in teams and under pressure and tight deadlines
• Excellent computer skills: Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros, etc), Word and PowerPoint
• High proficiency in English and excellent written communication skills
• Experience, exposure or understanding of media/US entertainment industry with a particular focus on programming sales, distribution and the social media landscape in India or Asia Pacific is a plus
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, motivated and responsible candidate to join an innovative environment, where your creativity and initiatives will be highly valued.
Interested candidates please apply with detailed resume, notice period and expected salary. Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
IND - Mumbai - SPT