Manager, Sales Planning & Operations
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Manager, Sales Planning & Operations (Nordics & Benelux)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
The role of Manager covers four key areas: Deal Management & Administration, Forecasting & Planning, Sales Analysis and Title Inventory Management. The role works across all media - Pay-TV, Basic-TV, Subscription VOD, Free-TV - with a focus on clients in the Nordics & Benelux Region, primarily Nordics.
The candidate will have a passion for content and a broad understanding of the distribution business necessary to support the sales process. S/he will be a highly motivated individual able to communicate important market and client development to the relevant audience and be confident in working with Senior Executives within the group.
This position will have a key focus on operational efficiency and developing best practice within the Region and across our EMEA Sales Planning team. This position will operate as a deputy to the Director of Regional Sales Planning and will support projects, approvals and best practice initiatives.
Deal Management, Administration and Controls
• Operational Efficiency and Best Practice. Work with Director in all areas of Deal Management and Administration to maximise efficiency and ensure best practice within the Region and across the Sales Planning group.
• Set up & maintain deals in Sales & Rights Management systems (RPM) for own deal responsibility.
• Manage contractual obligations and meet all deadlines as detailed in the contracts.
• Track the workflow of contract, amendment, notification processes for every deal, client schedules, availability lists and ad hoc reports.
• Assist and track progress of deal execution working closely with Sales and Legal on contract drafting, documentation and execution.
• Client Support: Develop an excellent working relationship with clients; attend external meetings as required. Engage with customer and provide sales support.
• Internal Relationships:
• Liaison with Finance to ensure timely payment and reconcile payment issues. Support Home Office with audits by preparing required back-up materials for each deal.
• Liaising frequently with GMS (Materials Fulfilment team) to ensure we are able to plan and provide assets on time for new and existing deals.
• Support negotiations of new deals and renegotiations with analysis, working in conjunction with Director of Sales Planning, Sales and Head of Analysis.
• Maximise revenue for active Volume Deals through proactive tracking of title performance and product windowing and slot utilisation.
• Runs Tracking – oversee for the Nordics Region and ensure amendments to deals are managed and that monthly updates and insights are provided to the Sales Team.
• Ad hoc projects and prepare information for TV Markets as requested by the Sales Team. Analyse title performance; profile SPT products and market competitors. Conduct analysis and discussions to help new sales strategies.
Title Inventory Management
• Analyse reports for available product and identify appropriate titles that meet client and sales criteria in order to maintain an accurate record of product to maximise the sales potential.
• Window Management - Maximise window opportunities for all product and ensure sales plans for the territories are maintained.
• Collaborate with SPHE to coordinate/approve the release of TV product with SPHE (based on local broadcast dates). Ensure the maintenance of list of transmission schedules for Series sold in the Territory.
Forecasting & Planning
• Take ownership for ensuring all deals and data in RPM is accurate and up to date.
• Maintain annual forecast, process changes in a timely manner and keep Director Sales Planning and Sales Teams informed of updates regularly.
• Responsible for co-ordinating and entering mid-range plan information for relevant territories & media.
• Create and provide summaries and updates, utilising system functionalities, to Sales & Finance within prescribed deadlines.
• Attend and contribute to regular forecast review meetings with Territory Sales, Planning and Finance.
• Ideally, educated to minimum undergraduate degree level
• Typically minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar environment (Media)
• Strong computer skills, in particular Excel (pivot tables, formulae), PowerPoint and comfortable learning new systems
• Fluency in English is essential and other language skills would be desirable
• People management experience and ability to motivate, lead and mentor staff
• Problem Solving & Decision making – demonstrates an ability to address root causes of problems, identify alternatives and propose solutions
• Highly numerate with excellent attention to all details – accuracy, presentation and completeness
• Excellent communication skills: Clear and articulate when speaking with an individual or before a group; confident in voicing their opinion, express ideas, thoughts and concepts and influencing within the Sales and Sales Planning group
• Able to provide information and reports in appropriate format and on a timely basis to key stakeholders to support decision making
• Proactive, flexible and adaptable – anticipate needs in different situations and takes appropriate action with guidance and on own initiative
• Team player who is willing and able to assist colleagues during busy periods. Demonstrate an effort to reach out, work with and collaborate with resources outside their territory and region
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London