Manager, Sales Planning & Operations
Sony PicturesSeoul, KG
Full Time Job
Manager, Sales Planning & Operations
Based in Seoul Office and reporting to the Head of Sales for New Media and TV Distribution (South Korea) and the Director of Sales Planning and Operations APAC, the Sales Planning and Operations (SP&O) Manager is an experienced, analytical, detailed and process oriented professional able to oversee the development, implementation, execution and ongoing fine-tuning of varied aspects of the sales process including product planning, strategizing, contracting, budgeting, reporting, and more.
• Work with South Korea Sales team and APAC Regional office in Hong Kong in the creation, execution, and achievement of sales strategies and objectives
• Become an expert in our product catalogue consisting of Hollywood movies and TV series to maximize its exploitation in commercial deals and offerings for South Korea.
• Work across divisions and departments to develop solid rationales for the valuation of our content to different clients and media. This would include analyzing and evaluating sales data, validating sales plans, developing sales analysis to support deals negotiation.
• Manage Sales budget preparation process, updates, forecasts and presentation in coordination with Hong Kong Regional Finance team.
• Own the Sales Operations function in South Korea including preparation and review of product availability lists; review contracts, capture and process amendments, sales data entry into internal systems, etc. Be a champion in upholding these Sales Operations Best Practice for South Korea.
• Create an environment focused on improving process and system efficiency and accuracy
• Ensure proper coordination and communication with Sales team and SP&O Regional Office for all aspects mentioned above
• Involvement in ad hoc project for South Korea and Regional SP&O team
• Degree holder of one or more area in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or Technology, Business Administration or related disciplines
• 3 years in a managerial capacity in any of the following fields – financial analysis/planning, accounting, forensic accounting, external auditing, information systems, sales or business operations, or sales planning.
• Expertise in handling, analyzing and interpreting large samples of data in a logical and accurate manner
• Strong strategic and analytical mind-set and focus with the ability to work in teams and under pressure and tight deadlines
• A strong, aggressive and passionate drive to lead and achieve results, and create an environment focused on ongoing improvements in processes, system efficiency and accuracy
• Excellent computer skills: Excel (Pivot Tables, Macros, etc), Word and PowerPoint
• High proficiency in English and Korean oral, verbal, and written communication skills
• Experience, exposure or understanding of media/US entertainment industry with a particular focus on programming sales, distribution and the social media landscape in South Korea or Asia Pacific is a plus
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, motivated and responsible candidate to join an innovative environment, where your creativity, diligence and contribution will be highly valued.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
KOR - Seoul - One IFC