Manager, Production Sustainability
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
This was removed by the employer on 8/25/2023 8:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Production Sustainability jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Manager, Production Sustainability postings
Full Time Job
Manager, Production Sustainability
Sony Pictures Entertainment is hiring a position to work in the department responsible for driving sustainability and environmental responsibility globally. The position, and the department, has the responsibility to push the company towards its sustainability goals and strengthening the environmental profile of its content productions.
This position works in the Sony Pictures' sustainable production program, aiming to achieve Corporate objectives including carbon neutrality by 2030, achieving 'sustainable production status' on 100% of productions, and reaching net zero goal through electrification of production fuel sources. This role is a collaborative role between multiple departments including production safety, procurement, transportation, facilities, and the physical production teams. Specifically, the position will be a sustainability expert for production executives the Americas, including labels Columbia Pictures, Tri Star, SPT Int'l and Sony Picture Television Studios.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage individual productions' for the completion of SPE's Sustainable Production Program and environmental efforts.
• Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to promote, test, and integrate emission reduction technology for both studio and on-location productions.
• Collect reporting metrics and comparison measures across different mitigation strategies for GHG emission reductions using a range of metrics (such ROI and/or cost per ton of reduction). Develop communication and executive reports for Management regarding project status, timeline, and budget.
• Work with physical production senior leadership and corporate teams to translate strategic sustainability initiatives into actionable strategies. Compile and present annual production progress to executive production teams.
• Continuously improve the sustainable production program – including training and communication materials, the reporting process, outcome metrics, and strategies – for North America productions.
• Partner with regional sustainability reps to ensure consistently, transfer of knowledge and cooperation across the global sustainable production program.
• Develop and execute implementation plans for support of renewable energy projects for individual productions.
• Represent SPE in industry production consortiums within production markets.
• Implement the single-use plastics program across operations.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required; business or environmental science background preferred; master's degree, additional sustainability, business or project management certifications or licenses are a plus.
• 2-10 years' experience in sustainability, project management, and/or content production
Knowledge & Skill Preferred
• Experience developing ESG metrics, performing materiality analysis, benchmarking for Media/Entertainment sector, and GHG accounting
• Proven ability of leading corporate reporting in line with ESG standards and frameworks such as CDP, SASB, TCFD and GRI.
• Knowledge of renewable energy technology and other fuel sources. Ability to interpret technical specifications
• Project management experience
• Strong analytical, business process improvement and problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and project management skills
• Technology savvy and able to quickly adopt to using new technology-based tools and reporting systems
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
• Talent for building and managing cross-functional relationships and teams
• Experience with stakeholder engagement and serving as a liaison between internal and external partners
• Highly motivation and results-oriented work ethic
The anticipated base salary for this position is $94,500 to $125,200. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami