Manager, Production Sustainability
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Production Sustainability
Sony Pictures Entertainment is hiring a position to work in a unique department responsible for driving sustainability and environmental responsibility globally. The position, and the department as a whole, has the responsibility to push the company towards its sustainability goals and strengthening the environmental profile of its content productions.
This position will be instrumental in advising departments on sustainability-related opportunities and measuring and monitoring our environmental progress. Specifically, the position will be the contact for production executives across Screen Gems, Columbia Pictures, and SPT, and their respective teams that manage Sony Pictures' production crews. Additionally, this person will work with procurement to improve the production supply chain.
• Partner with TV and motion picture productions to institute green practices and continuous improvement on sustainable content production
• Oversee sustainable production program from prep through post for all Columbia, TriStar and Screen Gems features and SPT series, pilots, alternative programming, Gemstone Studios, MOWs, Mini & Ltd. Series;
• Develop and distribute the Sustainable Production Program policies, requirements and deliverable documents;
• Manage run-of-production meetings with A-T-L and B-T-L production personnel, maintain partnership with production throughout;
• Where an ''eco-manager'' is assigned by a production, assist and provide deliverables at wrap, communicate with company executive offices;
• Evaluate sets, stages and locations for environmental concerns and opportunities to reduce the physical impacts of production;
• Assisting in the integration of sustainability into production safety to support the overall sustainability targets;
• Provide guidance to Director - Safety, Sustainability & Continuity EMEA for EU production sustainability;
• Aggregate green production metrics for reporting
• Supply chain
• Identify and support Procurement opportunities to find more environmental sound alternatives to current products;
• Maintain list of current eco-vendor information in all shooting locations;
• Manage supply chain impact consultant projects;
• Partner with industry groups to continuously improve sustainable production across the industry
• SPE's member to PGA Green;
• Submit SPE production information for third-party recognition. Manage Greener World end credit;
• Provide social media posts for external awareness
• Implement behavioral placement within productions
• Evaluate production scripts for on-screen sustainable behavior and message placements. Coordinate with key personnel
• primarily prop master and set dresser. Offer writer's resources;
• Design and clear custom ''eco-ads'' for titles;
• Develop vendor relationships for eco-product placement
• Preferred 5+ years of business-related experience, ideally with a combination of green operation practices and production experience is ideal.
• Familiarity with waste, energy and embedded carbon in products.
• Working knowledge of the entertainment industry and production processes including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, techniques, etc.
• Familiarity with on-the-ground marketing a plus.
• Experience with the following:
• Writing for corporate use
• Preparing written materials (presentation and reports) for executive review
• Writing short internal and external marketing pieces
• Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and basic understanding of Microsoft SharePoint
• Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Leading meetings
• Exceptional communication skills across diverse groups of people
• Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Self-started with strong follow-through capabilities
• Familiarity with sustainability in business or the entertainment industry
• A passion for the environment
• Bachelor's degree- Business and/or environmentally-focused degree preferred.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Stewart Bldg