Manager, Print Production
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Print Production
The Manager of Print Production will manage domestic and international (worldwide) print production for Sony Pictures Entertainment theatrical marketing feature films. The key objective of this position is to ensure the successful execution of outdoor, in-theater and all print production related marketing campaigns for our films. Additionally, the Manager of Print Production is responsible for the effective coordination of print related theatrical marketing assets across SPE's downstream marketing departments and divisions
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collaborate and coordinate with domestic and international Creative, Exhibitor Relations, Publicity, Media, adaptive creative vendors, and print vendors to establish key campaign milestones and deliverable requirements (i.e., campaign print components, creative lock dates, delivery dates, order quantities, etc.)
• Maintain and communicate all print production related deadline schedules with our domestic and international Creative, Media and Exhibitor Relations departments.
• Liaise with our Media department and ad agency to ensure the accuracy of our media buys and deadlines as they relate to outdoor, newspaper, and magazine campaigns.
• Support campaign planning and budgeting processes by securing accurate price quotes from print vendors based on established rate cards.
• Coordinate with Finance to ensure print production budget line items accurately reflect campaign strategy; oversee the creation of purchase orders in SPE's financial system.
• Supervise preparation of print production mechanicals for all one-sheets (posters), outdoor campaigns (including digital outdoor), standees, mobiles, banners, brochures, magazine ads, trade and newspaper ads, and other special print related projects to ensure a seamless handoff to print production vendors.
• Proofread all one-sheets, outdoor, newspaper and magazine ads, print mechanicals to ensure accuracy prior to securing legal clearances.
• Conduct press checks at print vendor facilities as needed for various components of the print campaign.
• Liaise with logistic department to ensure timely delivery of all materials produced.
• Manage organized digital files of patch color, composed proofs and final print items such as one-sheets, outdoor campaigns, trade, magazine and newspaper ads, brochures, etc.
• Prepare weekly status reports charting the progress of each print campaign by film, highlighting key deliverable dates and identifying potential issues and recommendations for resolution. Distribute status reports to various marketing departments, including domestic and international Creative, Media, Exhibitor Relations, Legal Clearances, and Digital Marketing.
• Assist in creating departmental guidelines and workflow to continually reduce time-to-market and total delivered cost while improving quality and internal customer service.
• Support all special event and trade show print needs, (i.e., Comic-Con, ShowEast, CineEurope, CinemaCon, CineAsia, industry award campaigns, etc.) as assigned by department head.
• Prepare ad hoc analysis and support special projects as assigned by department head.
• An undergraduate degree from an accredited university required, with an emphasis in advertising, graphic design, and/or operational management.
• 5 years experience in advertising and/or motion picture marketing.
• Experience with graphic design and print production are a must.
• Operational knowledge of print production equipment and methodologies.
• Quick learner with energy to drive aggressive and flexible deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
• Proficient with applicable graphic design and printing software.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed to complete heavy workloads within established time frames.
• Strong project management and communication skills.
• Self-starter with a great work ethic and demonstrated excellence in customer service.
• Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and the maintenance of a supportive work environment.
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to peak volume and rushed orders while maintaining a keen eye for detail and quality.
• Candidates must be able to drive to and from vendor facilities as needed for press checks.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to our website.