Manager, People Operations
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/10/2021 3:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, People Operations jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Manager, People Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, People Operations?
Full Time Job
Manager, People Operations - Employee Benefits & Payroll
We are looking for a Manager, People Operations - Employee Benefits & Payroll to join the People team and be the subject matter expert in the payroll and benefits space, playing an integral role in communications with third party vendors, brokers and providers, People Partners (Funimation's version of HR Business Partners) and team members for inquiries regarding company-specific pay and benefits policies and processes. The right person for this role is solutions oriented, has a strong attention to detail and is an intellectually curious, critical thinker. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and partnering with teams across Funimation, then this is a great role for you.
• Build, lead and mentor a high-performing and highly engaged benefits and payroll team.
• Serve as the main POC on company-wide pay and benefits policies, processes and programs. Provide support with compensation projects, annual planning and our total rewards philosophy application.
• Manage and oversee all benefits plan designs and related processes, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, HSA/FSAs, 401K, etc.
• Oversee the open enrollment process, including plan renewals, partnering with brokers and benefits carriers, leadership engagement, and employee communications.
• Provide regular reporting to management on benefit utilization and claims.
• Maintain benefits systems and audit as needed to ensure employee changes are updated in a timely manner.
• Ensure employee benefits policies and records are up-to-date and compliant with Federal and State requirements and advises management on needed actions.
• Responsible for overseeing the timeliness and accuracy of bi-weekly, multi-state payroll processing and ad hoc payments via internal and external payroll processors, government and state filings, prepare materials for internal and external auditors, end-to-end payroll testing
• Partner with internal stakeholders to create and test new earnings and deductions as needed; provide expertise and guidance on payroll processing guidelines, timelines, and use knowledge to assess other downstream impacts of payroll-related transactions
• Identify gaps and assess areas of opportunity for payroll process improvements and efficiency (e.g. Time Tracking improvements, decrease processing times for payroll audit, revamp internal resources to create more self-service with any payroll or tax-related questions, identify areas that can be automated and recommend plans to implement changes)
• Partner with Accounting for payroll reconciliation and to resolve any discrepancies during month-end close. Ensure accuracy of account posting rules for all on/off-cycle payments
• Verifies payroll data regarding employee life cycle including new hires, promotions, transfers, pay-rate changes and terminations
• Manage vendor relationships, define reasonable SLAs, establish a process to ensure SLAs are being met and create a path of escalation for any SLA breaches
• Resolves employee questions by interpreting benefit and payroll policies and procedures.
• Help define the global alignment strategy for benefits and payroll across all of our offices and ensure execution against this strategy
• Serve as internal POC for Funimation Immigration, partnering with our immigration law firm to coordinate processing and timelines for non-immigrant (e.g., H1-B, L-1, TN) and immigrant visa sponsorship (all stages of the PERM process, I-140 and I-485 filings).
• 5+ years of professional benefits and payroll experience with demonstrated success in the key responsibilities for this role. Experience with compensation is a plus.
• 2 or more years of direct people management experience
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
• Experience and knowledge of various payroll taxes such as federal and state taxes, supplemental wage taxation
• Demonstrated understanding of current benefits laws and regulations (including ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, PFL and other benefit regulations).
• Experience working with benefits software systems or platforms, preferably Workday
• Demonstrated ability to define, influence, refine, and implement processes, procedures and policies
• Highly experienced in MS Excel or Google Sheets and proven experience auditing and reconciling data between various data sources
• Highly organized and efficient. Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a given time.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to adapt and quickly change direction when necessary in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Experience with Workday Payroll, HCM, and Benefits
• Experience at a Technology company or with another high-growth organization
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios