Manager, Music Licensing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/21/2020 1:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Music Licensing jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Manager, Music Licensing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Music Licensing? Manager, Music Licensing
Manager, Music Licensing
SPE - Music Affairs
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team in the Music Affairs department at Sony Pictures Entertainment as the Manager of Music Licensing.
As part of the Music Licensing team within Music Affairs, the Manager of Music Licensing works collaboratively with and supports the worldwide marketing division's music and audio needs across all of their visual trailers, TV spots, digital media, etc.
include, but are not limited to, reviewing and charting cue sheets, identifying songs and audio that require clearance, research master and publishing rights holders with major and independent record labels and music publishers, seek, obtain and negotiate the necessary approvals. Candidate will also need to be able to identify original pieces of music and custom audio commissioned for SPE's marketing campaigns and negotiate the appropriate Work For Hire agreements securing SPE's ownership.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of Performing Rights Organizations, Music Publishers, Labels, definition of Public Domain, split territories coupled with knowledge of people and contacts in the industry to swiftly pursue and secure all rights necessary for the use of 3rd party music and audio. Be able and enthusiastic to offer solutions when confronted with the unavailability of a recording for creative or financial reasons.
Assignment of various projects on a project-by-project basis to find opportunities of efficiency, financial savings and contribute to the teams' goal of possible revenue generation with SPE's owned and controlled music and audio in visual media.
Recent worldwide campaigns rich with music and audio include Jumanji: The Next Level, Spider-Man: Far from Home, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood and Zombieland: Doubletap.
• Reporting to the VP of Music Affairs: Head of Music Licensing - Working directly with the worldwide Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, review cue sheets for visual marketing campaigns, pursue the necessary approvals from third parties for music and audio, negotiate fees, manage budgets and track all licenses through to full execution and payment.
• Review terms of approval, short form agreements and contracts to ensure SPE's legal requirements are fulfilled.
• In collaboration with department coordinator, aid in the internal processing and external distribution of licensing payments in an efficient, accurate and timely manner
• Create, upload and manage music / film marketing projects in internal database and digital information repository.
• Attend Music Affairs departmental meetings, film title specific team meetings, provide updates on projects and collaborate on the successful release of all visual media in the corresponding marketing campaign.
• reviewing and charting cue sheets, identifying songs and audio that require clearance, research master and publishing rights holders with major and independent record labels and music publishers.
• Seek, obtain and negotiate the necessary approvals.
• Must identify original pieces of music and custom audio commissioned for SPE's marketing campaigns and negotiate the appropriate Work For Hire agreements securing SPE's ownership.
• B.A. or M.A. in Film, TV, Music, Business, Communications or related field, preferred
• J.D. is a plus.
• 3 to 5 years Minimum experience in Music Licensing at a Production company, Television Studio, Trailer House, Record Label, Music Publisher, Production Music Library, etc.
• Knowledge of music licensing, song research and rights negotiation, synchronization and master use rights.
• Passion for film music, sound design, visual media, music supervision.
• Keen negotiating skills, works well under pressure and tight deadlines, ability to accurately manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to process and navigate fast moving high amounts of data and paperwork.
• Proactive team player and motived solution oriented self-starter.
• Organizational skills and thorough due diligence.
• Established relationships in the field with rights holders, music supervisors and creatives.
• Ability to professionally and personably communicate in all manners internally and with clients both written and verbal.
• Ability to track all licenses through the entire licensing process on working spreadsheets from start to finish from initial request, to contract to payment
• Savvy with technology, database management and asset requests/delivery
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.