Manager, Media and Talent Relations
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Media and Talent Relations- Sony Pictures Television
Manager, Media and Talent Relations - SPT
This position is responsible for creating and implementing global publicity campaigns that generate awareness about our series and the studio. You must be able to identify and/or create publicity opportunities for content, talent and studio initiatives and represent the studio viewpoint for both domestic and international purposes. This position will also help shape studio messaging for talent interviews and appearances across the globe as well as helping build viewership across all platforms.
• Find, cultivate, and craft the story of what is interesting and newsworthy
• Generate story ideas, pitch and secure press coverage for SPT programming and content on an ongoing and consistent basis
• Deadline writing of newsworthy press releases, media alerts, press items and pitches to the press is essential.
• Coordinate press coverage for series and key studio initiatives
• Work with international partners to coordinate set visits, press junket, interview requests for territory launches.
• Coordinate talent travel for global press tours
• Participate in all PR activities for semi-annual Press Tours and press/online junkets, Comic-con, International Junkets, etc.
• Will work closely with programming team and producers to handle submissions for all awards on behalf of the series
• Accompany production crews on location, coordinate set visits and EPK & photo shoots
• Attend/coordinate Premiere Parties and coordinate interviews for talent with press
• Collaborate with Social, Digital, Domestic & International Marketing
• Review and caption ''positive'' quotes from printed media for publicity quote document
• Research local markets media outlets
• Schedule talent appearances with talk shows, etc.
• Coordinate interviews for talent with press
• Fact check story information for media writers and editors
• Attend producers' meetings, table reads and tapings
• Work with larger team to coordinate radio press tours, DPK productions, satellite press tours and prepare show clips for distribution
• Maintain relationships with Programming Executives
• Coordinate activities with networks/streaming services and/or personal publicist
• Interact with Production crews, Producers and Production Executives
• Maintain relationships with Talent, Personal Publicists, Agents, Talent Managers and Talent
• Establish and build relationships with Press and Media Outlets, Writers and Editors
• Manage award submissions
• A minimum of 4 years related work experience required in a similar role
• The candidate should possess excellent writing and communication skills, including ability to aggressively pitch SPT content
• This candidate will also work closely with different departments (including Programming, Marketing and Social) and different regions across the world, so teamwork is critical
• Candidate should have exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Occasional travel required
• Knowledge of television publicity and reporters who cover the television business is mandatory
• Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent work experience.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Jack Cohn Bldg