Manager, Global Pay and Subscription Client Services Content Distribution
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Global Pay and Subscription Client Services – Content Distribution
The Global Pay & Subscription (GPS) and Airlines team inside Sony Pictures Distribution Content Services Group enables the successful execution of SPE's >$1bn Global SVOD, AVOD and Airlines distribution business through leadership and enhancement of the Digital Supply Chain, ensuring on-time and high-quality content deliveries, as well as the accurate execution of strategic initiatives via flexible and scalable processes.
This role will service two supply chains.
• The global digital fulfillment of content driven by SPT Global & USA Deals group, focused on the growing and demanding area of content fulfillment including but not limited to Amazon Prime Video's fast growing Global SVOD and iMDB
• TV AVOD services global fulfillment for the Airlines and Ancillary business driven by the Non-Theatrical distribution team
This position will liaise directly with both internal/external clients and partners ensuring contract and delivery requirements are met. This position will also oversee deal launches, on-going digital servicing including the management of various steps needed to prepare content such as: video mastering, asset retrieval, localization, on-boarding, encoding, transcoding & delivery. Position will maintain communication between internal departments such as Sales/Marketing/Servicing/Legal/Production, third party vendors located domestically and internationally, and third party clients to ensure that servicing requirements are fulfilled. The Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of staff and their development. The position produces regular performance metrics and activity reports, assesses performance, develops and implements corrective processes as required, to ensure the highest quality, lowest cost delivery within standard practice or contractual performance standards to client satisfaction.
Core Servicing Activities
• Working closely with the Executive Director, facilitate the day-to-day activities and ensure that materials (video, audio, subtitles, closed caption files, etc.) are delivered per client's request and contractual obligation, as well as ingested into SPE's Distribution Backbone. Analyze requests in order to fulfill obligations regarding materials for all SPE and acquired programming and instruct staff on procedures / technical issues required to fulfill the requests. Counsel staff when material delivery issues arise (rejections, manufacturing delays, shipping issues…) and provide corrective action as needed (review processes with staff, contact vendors for explanations and document corrective action). Review and approve staff's purchase orders and follow up on any unfulfilled material deliveries. Conduct communication with third party clients and SPE Sales staff as needed. Activity should focus on understanding the clients and how their business is conducted. Continually evaluate the customer service process for all clients and make suggestions for improvements where appropriate.
• Review and analyze contracts and/or client orders, in order to fulfill SPE obligations regarding distribution of materials (duplication, broadcast / VOD master and digital file material) for all SPE and Acquired programming; authorize and ensure delivery of materials. Advise Sales personnel, third party clients, distributors, vendors and internal SPE employees of any issues related to the fulfillment of contracts. Constantly review new technology opportunities and incorporate into existing processes to ensure preparation, servicing and archive of materials is performed in the most efficient and cost effective manner. When fulfillment issues arise, find solutions and present to department manager. Continually, enhance and improve skills through on-going process and systems training.
Tracking and Reporting (including Budget Estimation & Spend Management)
• Maintain all servicing activity on designated SPE tracking system in order to track status of client's delivery, estimated spend, and actual spend. Analyze quality management metrics for assigned markets (on time delivery, throughput and rejections etc) and advise management on recommendations for improvement. As required, rebill material costs to specific clients and generate reports for management and Sales offices. Constantly update required tools to enable clean and clear financial visibility on FY spend reporting. Responsible for timely data entry, integrity and accuracy to Distribution Backbone, Hub, Smart Engine and other business systems.
• Supervise client services lead(s) and as needed, directly manage all servicing activity through direct reports for allocated territories in order to ensure proper fulfillment of SPE content. Supervise and support client services lead with coverage and servicing of their clients as needed. Assist staff in achieving personal development and company's goals.
Vendor Communication Activity
• Conduct daily communication with third party vendors and DCS internal manufacturing departments to ensure delivery of materials, assist in solving material issues and provide guidance on client delivery requirements (materials and timelines). Assist in finding resolution of rejections with internal and external vendors. Meet with vendors as required to review processes, procedures and issues.
Client Services Special Initiatives
• Support and as required, participate in internal and external matrix teams who are involved in special initiatives and projects, which can include but not limited to; Client Services Information Sessions, Management Presentations, team building exercises, cross training, staff development, etc.
• Conduct current and library research as assigned. Assist Executive Director in evaluating research data and advise relevant offices of materials available for requested titles. Supply manufacturing costs to create requested materials as required.
• BS degree preferred
• 3 to 5 yrs of Film and/or TV sales servicing experience and managing a staff
• Material distribution and general sales servicing of product for the PPV/VOD/EST markets
• Video, audio and subtitle/cc elements (digital and physical)
• Digital delivery and rejection resolution
• Industry developments (clients, competitors, technology) by reading trade press, SPE news clippings, discussions with internal and external clients.
• Complex and technical project management activities, including working with multiple stakeholders across technical and operational initiatives
• General computer applications (e.g. Xytech)
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Excellent interpersonal skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organize data from a variety of sources and communicate information in a clear, professional manner. Running reports from databases for analysis of department activity.
• Identify clear priorities and meet department goals.
• Cross-train and collaborate with various groups.
• Manage costs within budgetary constraints.
• Update client files / general files.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios