Manager, Finance Transformation
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Finance Transformation
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services, and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture distribution, television programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies, and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 67 countries.
The Finance Transformation team works on strategic initiatives which enable the business to evolve and meet the demands of a rapidly changing industry. We partner with various departments to define the finance vision, enhance finance applications, and streamline finance processes across the studio. The Finance Transformation team is home to change agents, innovators, and leaders. It's a team where you can apply your business, financial, and technological expertise, interact with senior executives, and contribute to the Finance organization's strategic direction.
The Finance Transformation team is looking for a Manager who is a Jill/Jack of all trades and can help drive critical activities across a portfolio of transformation initiatives. The ideal candidate is an independent, analytical, people-oriented, problem-solver who thrives when tackling ambiguous problems.
will vary over time but may include:
• Dive in and support different finance leaders and project teams – getting up to speed quickly on the issue at hand and part of the business being supported
• Build complex financial models and distill insights and implications from analyses
• Work with key stakeholders to understand root causes to issues
• Proactively develop and recommend solutions that improve the effectiveness or efficiency of the organization
• Build out and execute against action plans in partnership with team members and business stakeholders – drive initiatives through to completion and end results
• Collaborate with technical teams to provide input on technical solutions and support end-to-end solution delivery
• Coordinate across projects to understand dependencies, communication requirements, etc.
• 2+ years experience in management consulting, investment banking, or strategic/analytical role at media and entertainment company (i.e. strategy, business development, FP&A, etc.) with a track record of strong performance
• Excellent financial modeling skills and extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Demonstratable experience in project management and/or system implementations
• Self starting and able to work effectively with limited guidance day to day
• Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interface and influence effectively at all levels of an organization
• High proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau) and agile project management tools (i.e. Jira) is nice to have
• MBA from a top tier school preferred but not required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios