Manager, Development - Kids
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2022 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Development - Kids jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Manager, Development - Kids postings
Full Time Job
Manager, Development - Kids
The Sony Pictures Television's Kids group is a leader in developing world-class children's brands. The division's award-winning productions include Octonauts, Peter Rabbit, Hilda, The Creature Cases and Chico Bon Bon: Monkey with a Tool Belt, SuperKitties, and Sunny Day. Currently, the team is working on an extensive development slate, a string of new content for hit shows Octonauts and Hilda and is in production on a number of series for partners such as Disney, Netflix, AppleTV+ and TenCent.
Beyond content creation, the Sony Pictures Television Kids group's expertise extend to building global IP franchises via content distribution, consumer products, and live entertainment. Its talented teams are based in Los Angeles, New York, and London.
We are looking for a Manager, Development to support the VP, Development in the development of all shows across the company. The ideal candidate should have prior experience in content development and animation.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Participates in the search and selection of new content
• Supports the VP, Development in the development process which includes
• The creation of development materials including concepts, treatments, scripts, designs, animation tests, series bibles, pitch decks, and budget etc.
• Identifying and sourcing key talent for various development projects including writers, studios, artists, and directors
• Hearing pitches, participating in notes calls, attending creative and general meetings
• Providing creative guidance and feedback on development and series projects
• Writing coverage for incoming materials
• Coordination with Production Management to ensure development contracts, timelines, and budgets are accurate and in scope
WHAT YOU HAVE:
• B.A. Degree preferred
• 3 to 5 Years experience in Children's, Kids and Family Television Content Development
• Television Network, Studio, Broadcast or Internet Show credits preferred.
• Must be passionate about children's media and animation.
• Background or experience in content development for children's media, particularly preschool.
• Knowledge of development and writer relationships.
• Able to manage simultaneous projects in different stages
• Presentation skills including the creation and manipulation of PowerPoint, art and multimedia files
• Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
• Strong writing and communication skills as well as an understanding of production.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Photoshop. Knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign, and/or editing software a plus
HOW WE TAKE CARE OF YOU:
• Competitive salary, with annual bonus eligibility.
• A choice of comprehensive health plan options that fit your lifestyle.
• Immediate matching and vesting for your 401k plan.
• A wide array of innovative employee benefits to support you (and your family), including Student Loan Assistance, Identity Theft Protection and access to discounted Pet Insurance.
• Rest and recharge during a week off during the winter holidays, in addition to holidays, personal days and vacation time.
• Participate in extensive learning & development opportunities at all levels, including curated instructor-led classes and high impact online resources.
• Build your community by joining our Employee Volunteer Program, Employee Business Resource Groups, and/or Sony Pictures Action – our racial equity and inclusion strategy.
• Access to an employee online store filled with a variety of discounted Sony products.
• If you live near Culver City, enjoy all the amazing offerings at our beautiful Studio Lot, including multiple Commissaries with menus for every palate, a state-of-the-art gym and fitness program, as well as onsite medical, dental, mental health and nutrition professionals.
• Watch movies and TV shows at work(!), during employee screenings of our newest movies and TV shows
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios