Manager, Contracts - Business Affairs
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/29/2020 2:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Manager, Contracts - Business Affairs jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Manager, Contracts - Business Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Contracts - Business Affairs? Manager, Contracts - Business Affairs (Sony Pictures Television)
Sony Pictures Television Business Affairs is seeking a Manager, Contracts with experience in drafting various agreements, working closely with negotiators and legal department to ensure consistency with company policies and practices, and managing the contract process through to completion and signature.
The successful candidate is a team player with strong organization skills, the ability to work independently, meet numerous deadlines and recognize and support the needs of the department, as well as being a detail-oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication skills. A JD is preferred but not required. The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, including senior level executives, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of composure and interacting well with all levels of the organization. The successful candidate must be able to work quickly and accurately, assess priorities and have a strong attention to detail.
About the department:
Business Affairs is responsible for negotiating and drafting production agreements with writers, producers, performers, directors, television networks, co-production entities and other television-related personnel and service providers on behalf of Sony Pictures Television and its related companies. Productions include scripted and non-scripted network, cable and first-run syndicated television programming as well as animation and daytime programming. Also responsible for implementing and administering the business policies and procedures for SPT. Works with Creative, Production, Finance and Legal Affairs departments to provide information, business advice and consultation services on a regular basis. Involved in analyzing business and legal issues related to productions, as well as reviewing budgets and other financial information.
• Draft above-the-line agreements (including amendments) from negotiator notes.
• Manage forms, Riders, Back-End Definitions with changing language as provided through discussions with the BA department and/or the legal department to meet the needs and concerns of Sony.
• Respond to inside calls/emails from various departments looking for guidance to solve that department's current issue(s) (whether it be a language issue or a form issue).
• Oversee each stage of the contract process with a focus on proactive communication with negotiator and legal
• Manage the contract process to ensure timely and accurate execution.
• Facilitate any deal interpretation questions.
• Ensure compliance with contracts with direction from negotiator/legal and company policies and procedures.
• Respond to inquiries; raise and escalate legal issues as necessary.
• JD preferred.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the entertainment industry (preferably in television with experience in Business/Legal Affairs).
• Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word.
• Detailed oriented, with accurate input and strong proofreading skills.
• Excellent written, verbal, analytical and organizational skills.
• Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism
• Work effectively in a team-oriented, fast-paced, demanding environment while effectively managing deadlines.
• Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise constructive solutions and strategies.
• Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Norman Lear Bldg This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.