Manager, Content Strategy & Production
Sony PicturesSao Paulo, SP
Full Time Job
Manager, Content Strategy & Production
This position will report to the Director of Content Strategy & Production, Brazil. The primary responsibilities are to support production efforts of original content in Brazil by providing creative and operational oversight for ongoing productions, reading and providing feedback for new shows pitched by third party production companies and tracking and logging the flow and status of materials submitted and under review. Other duties include to source new production and acquisition opportunities, present these to the senior team and manage the acquisition process from contract to screen. To assist internal and external stakeholders to guarantee all show deliverables are in place and up to date for promotional, legal, operational and commercial purposes, as well as writing, translating and proof-reading internal and external documents related to the approval, production and sales of local original programming. To administer every project's release form and rejection letter. To attend meetings and conferences as requested. Will also work on special projects as needed.
• 60% Production and Content Strategy: Supervise each stage of production, from pre to post and delivery, by keeping track and following-up on all aspects of the show's execution, acting as a key point of reference between channel and production companies.Provide operational support and, work closely with Director to offer guidance and seek solutions that contribute to the overall artistic quality of the show while also adhering to cost and calendar restrictions. Evaluate production costs and production schedules and highlight inconsistencies. Read, watch, review, analyze and present projects (movies, TV series, formats) for acquisition or (co)production purposes. Participate in creative meetings and conference calls regarding the aforementioned projects. Provide notes for scripts and program cuts as requested by Director and VP. Track and log all deliverables, including internal approval and legal documents, promotional material, elements subject to channel approval, and all episode edits.Receive and distribute materials to internal stakeholders, anticipating needs.Keep track of feedback provided to production companies and different script and program versions.Ensure that all Ancine documentation and certifications for local originals are delivered, documented and kept up to date.
• 30% Project Development: Assist the Director and VP with sourcing new projects for Ancine quota on linear channels. Research different topics and market trends relevant for the decision-making process of such new acquisitions. Cultivate and manage relationships in local independent production market to generate leads for new acquisition and (co)production opportunities. Source and present to Director acquisition opportunities, liaise with Business Affairs and negotiate basic deal terms with distributors and producers.
• 10% Conference/General Meetings Attendance and Preparation: Attend conferences, and staff, pitch and production meetings (among others). Prepare presentations and reports as requested. Manage the creative submission log to document the flow and status of the materials under review. Track all dates by updating a weekly Pitch Log to reflect the current standing (when was the project pitched, when was the release form signed, when was the rejection letter sent, etc.), the titles, authors and short descriptions of each. Track internal approvals and payment processes to ensure the efficiency of productions.
• Fluent in both English and Portuguese (written and spoken).
• Proficiency in computer applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Proven experience in TV production in a creative production role.
• Knowledge of technical aspects of program deliverables.
• Understanding of television market and independent production landscape in Brazil.
• Experience in working with producers, writers, directors and other creative talent.
• Skilled in project and timetable management; can work on multiple projects at the same time with the ability to prioritize.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized and resourceful.
• Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Enjoys working in a team, as well as independently.
• Ability to present formal presentations to high level international executives.
• Familiarity with Pay TV market in Brazil and ANCINE rules.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of Entertainment Industry experience, preferably in content management, content development and production. Some experience in acquisition is a plus.Education: Bachelor's Degree.
BRA - Brooklin Novo - SP, Av das Nacoes 12