Manager, Content Planning & Analysis
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/2/2023 7:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Content Planning & Analysis jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Manager, Content Planning & Analysis postings
Full Time Job
Manager, Content Planning & Analysis
The Content Strategy and Distribution team within the global television distribution organization at Sony Pictures has an opening for a Manager. The team works closely with the various Production units to greenlight new TV series and films for the sales organization to distribute worldwide. This is a key supporting role with a broad scope, touching on many aspects of the television business and is an integral part of a multi-billion-dollar international sales organization.
The role requires exceptional analytical skills and the ability to build trusting relationships among multiple business sectors including Production, Finance, Legal, and Operations. Because of the complexity of the business and the speed for which it is changing, it is preferable that he/she have a solid understanding of content licensing.
• Work closely with local territory Sales and Sales Planning teams to gain a deep knowledge of windowing rules, existing output/volume deals and other market nuances that may impact sales
• Provide analytical support and insights for International licensing deal negotiations
• Assist with greenlight and ultimate review process. Ensure accurate and timely communication of ultimate values to Finance and Sales organization, including risks and opportunities, and recommend quarterly adjustments
• Key liaison between various production units regarding TV Distribution
• Update and enhance content valuation models
• Create tools and templates to support the process of gathering territory information
• Provide ad hoc sales updates to content owners
• Model financial scenarios for acquisitions / co-productions
• 3+ years of experience in an analytical position, ideally in content distribution, with investment banking or management consulting background
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance or Economics
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills required, particularly Excel (pivot tables, advanced formulas) and comfort learning new systems
• Previous work with database systems and statistical analysis a plus
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically; see the big picture, while prioritizing to deliver timely on the daily requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas
• Ability to navigate systems, financial models, and complex legal agreements, as well as creative documents
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Exceptional analytical skills and detail oriented
The anticipated base salary for this position is $103,500 to $120,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01