Manager Commercial Partnerships
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Manager Commercial Partnerships
The Manager, Commercial Partnerships is responsible for managing the day-to-day transactional digital business across their territories and supporting region wide business development projects.
This position coordinates strategic efforts and special projects including guiding partners in strategic digital initiatives, assisting in the budgeting and forecasting process and developing internal and external presentations for senior executives. They will work closely with the Distribution team in London, the local team in Hungary and Poland as well as the Worldwide Digital Distribution team in Los Angeles to ensure all digital activities are fully aligned with customer objectives and Sony Pictures Entertainment's (SPE) overall business strategies.
The role requires a combination of business acumen, relationship management and exceptional oral and written skills, coupled with analytical and light financial expertise and will have an intimate understanding of consumer and retail/platform landscapes. The ideal candidate will be delivery focused, hands-on and involved in the details of strategic projects as well as the day-to-day operations.
60% Territory Account Management
40% Day – to Day Account Management
• Manage the overall day-to-day relationship with clients across assigned territories, prioritizing customer activities by account, primary duties include:
• Negotiate the best possible promotional positioning for Sony content in the digital space based on market and partner characteristics and trends
• Monitor trends in performance and be able to react quickly and positively to competition or market changes
• Track content performance and respond accordingly
• Allocate marketing funds (as available) and monitor ROI
• Develop joint plans with accounts and agree to guidelines for execution, Coordinating with the Commercial, Marketing and Client Services teams
• Work with the Commercial to determine appropriate programs, promotional prices and placement in order to maximize digital sales within each account
• Conduct regular product presentations and business reviews for each account with support from Commercial and Marketing teams
• Work closely with the local and regional Marketing teams to ensure approvals and support for specific customer focused marketing activities and account exclusive offer
• Track and monitor what competing distributors are doing and what propositions are available within each market
• Regularly audit and review internal, as well as market, pricing to make sure Sony product is best positioned to against competing models in the marketplace to maximize sustainable profits
• Manage physical title release planning: managing disc profiles in conjunction with LA, reviewing and approving licensee promotion and marketing requests
Deal Management (10%)
• Support in the Negotiation/ Re-negotiation of commercial terms with digital partners and physical licensee in conjunction with relevant commercial teams where relevant
• Identify and secure new opportunities for revenue generation in the market through new partners, channels or business models.
• Ensure partners are adhering to their contractual obligations (ie reporting and marketing commitment)
Business Management (10%)
• Assist in setting revenue forecasts & targets for digital accounts in territory.
• Provide regular updates and tracking on account and content performance with respect to budget
• Work with the appropriate local and central teams to building the territory business plan
25% Business Development Projects
• Seek new partners, business models and territories within the CEEMA region where revenues can be increased
• Support ongoing business development activity
• Provide commercial and technical solutions to drive successful implementation of revenue generating models
15% Multi-Territory Digital Support
• Supporting Director, Commercial Partnerships, manage day-to-day EMEA Account management of global digital accounts (Google Play, Rakuten, PSN, Xbox) to add incremental value to Local activities
• Manage EMEA multi-territory initiatives
• Co-ordinate agenda and chair monthly calls with partners
• Support in the create of business reviews
• Co-ordinate promotional calendar planning and titles submission management
and Experience Required
To be considered for this role you will typically have 5 years experience in a similar role within Entertainment (including Music & Games), Digital, Telco or fast moving consumer goods (FMCG).
You must also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Good knowledge of customer management and challenges across the region are essential
• Experience managing P&L's and developing effective commercial strategies
• Understanding of digital deal structures and emerging trends
• Understanding of licensing models and how to drive opportunities through third parties
• Complex project management
• Creative approach to problem solving
• Relationship management with a number of stakeholders in remote locations
• Results orientated with solid analytical skills
• Influencing and motivating indirect relationships
• Expertise in commercial strategy development
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Passionate about innovation and creating unique solutions
• MS Office Suite, Lotus Notes, Excel proficiency required
• Ability to think strategically in a hectic, fast changing environment
• Ability to identify and balance risk/opportunity trade-offs
• Ability to manage multiple territories and relationships simultaneously
• Ability to problem solve, influence decisions at a high level and drive change
• Some travel required
• Exceptional English, second language desirable but not essential
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London