Manager, Business Transformation
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Business Transformation
The Manager – Business Transformation will be responsible for the planning, execution and controlling of multiple business transformation projects with strong analytical focus and understanding of business strategies. The ideal candidate will have strong management skills, proven track record of delivering challenging transformational projects consistently with high quality in a demanding environment and strong business acumen with advanced business problem solving skills.
• Responsible for the planning, execution and controlling of multiple strategic projects with strong analytical focus and understanding of business strategies
• Drives the problem solving process: frames problems, guides analytical modeling, and through analysis provides insights into solutions
• Acts as a facilitator for senior leaders and stakeholders in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor
• Owns success and/or failures. Willing to pin professional success to the outcome of initiatives and not shying away from responsibility
• Facilitates meetings and workshops with all the levels of the organization
• Effectively manages the change driven by the project and is capable of steering the business in a new direction
• Coaches other team members
• Understands and shows passion for the entertainment industry developments and trends in terms of consumer behavior, competitor and industry developments
• Bachelor's Degree, MBA or advanced degree preferred
• 5 years of experience in project management, change management and project planning, preferably in a strategy consulting company or an equivalent position in Media & Entertainment industry
• Proven ability to create, implement and measure new processes
• Demonstrated leadership managing people both direct reports & non-direct reports.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, cross-functional, collaborative environment.
• Supply Chain Optimization or Process Engineering expertise
• Affinity with technology, data enablement, digital transformation and the human interaction that is central to their success
• Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational company or multi-national consulting firm is preferred
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally, including with senior leadership
• Must be able to develop process where none existed, create blueprints for thought processes; build collaborative relationships amongst peers and superiors; learn language of every functional business group, recommend, and develop comprehensive plans and initiatives to improve business, communication, and performance in multiple areas. Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity
• Project management, problem structuring, and strategic problem solving skills: Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Strategic vision and creative thinking: Ability to look beyond existing paradigms, and change the organization according to new business concepts
• Understands the complexity of a matrix and functional organizations, capable of operating within one
• Effective communicator and influencer. Comfortable presenting in front of senior leadership audiences. Facilitates workshops and resolves possible conflict
• Hands-on mentality and pragmatic approach with strong collaboration attitude and team play
• Ambitious, motivated to go the extra mile and able to perform in a demanding work environment
• High standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects; must be detail oriented and highly skilled in time management. Filter demand
• Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to build relationships at all levels to establish oneself as a trusted advisor
• Ability to build and manage calendar/product development process & tools
• Proactive, Self-starter - entrepreneurial
• Excel, PowerPoint knowledge
• Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments.
• A positive, can-do attitude.
• A strong work ethic, high personal values and standards
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios