Manager, Business Architect BI
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Business Architect BI
The TV BI Business Architect is accountable for supporting a BRM organization in translating IT demand into successful solutions that meet the business and technology requirements of the customer within the defined schedule and budget constraints. The TV BI Business Architect role requires an in-depth and cross functional understanding of core line of business processes and value-chain services, (i.e. Product Development, Title & Rights, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Distribution, Finance, Royalties & Corporate) as well as the technology solution which support them.
• Organizing and leading internal and external resources to solve the business and technical challenges of projects including, but not limited to, business process streamlining, solution architecture definition, and implementation support
• Collaborating with each BRM within their line of business to ensure the entire application portfolio is rationalized to provide maximum benefit and efficiency for SPE
• Level 3 and/or 4 support in incident and problem resolution
• Meet or exceed the IT Audit requirements and the business continuity and disaster recovery standards and procedures
• Meet the Data Integrity, Process, Technology, Audit & Security architecture requirements of the company and ensure that software is developed according to the software development standards established by the IT organization
Key outputs include:
• High -level design documents and specifications for development and enhancement work efforts
• Application portfolio analysis and strategy documents
• Problem Management & Root cause analyses
• Contributions to the business continuity planning and disaster recovery planning
• White/position papers on technology evaluation
• Recommendations for technology-based solution/approach for a project or other effort, including the advantages and disadvantages of recommendations and other options
Strategic Planning - Participate in business and IT strategic planning; define IT needs of business units; help develop IT strategy and funding plans in alignment with business needs; promote innovative thinking and utilization of IT resources in the business. Understand the workings and strategy of the business as well as current market trends. Understand the strategy and direction of IT within SPE.
Solution Leadership - Assist project teams in developing requirements and the corresponding functional and technological strategies and architectures. Oversee solution delivery to ensure alignment with defined architecture and that proper adjustments are made as issues arise within a project.
Customer Relationship Management – Manages customer expectations; resolve customer satisfaction issues; train and educate customers on the use of technology; ensure business unit is receiving appropriate and adequate levels of IT services; offer alternate solutions to customer problems (e.g. process changes); communicate IT goals, activities and accomplishments to the business.
- Support enterprise technology architecture strategies, vision and competency and participate as an architecture thought leader within the IT organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/ Accounting or Business from an accredited institution is required
• 5 years IT and 3 years in IT Architecture discipline with 3 of years entertainment and 5 years managerial responsibility.
• Minimum 5 years Strong Technical/ Functional Knowledge of BI and Data Warehousing. Minimum 3 years of hands-on Teradata, Data Stage, Alteryx and Tableau or similar technology for purposes of dashboards, performance debugging, and tuning. Knowledge of integration to develop end to end Analytics solutions.
• Minimum 3 full Data Warehousing project life cycle implementations
• Excellent Verbal, Written, Presentation and Communication Skills to interface with all levels of leadership with Customers & IT
• Minimum 3 years managing projects and upgrades
• Experience working in large global/ multinational corporations
• Superior work attitude and willingness to learn new areas
• Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and be comfortable managing large teams
• Demonstrated Ability to work in virtual teams to Solve Business Problems
• Ability to work during non-business hours as needed.
• ETL Technology: Data Stage / Alteryx / Teradata / Tableau.
• Proficiency with cloud architectures, distributed systems (Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce, Cloudera) and SnowFlake computing.
• Self-starter with minimum supervision, in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and ability to interact with global users of the application.
• Experienced and comfortable working with culturally diverse outsourced on/offshore staff in post-production environment with high service levels
• Television or Media/ Entertainment industry experience a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios