Manager, Audience Analysis & Visualization
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Audience Analysis & Visualization
Audience Analysis & Visualization – Manager
Sony Pictures Television Distribution (SPT) is looking for a strong candidate to join our team as a Manager, Audience Analysis and Visualization. This team member will lead the analytics, reporting & understanding of our Consumer-Driven Business Models both at a platform and channel level. In doing so, the team member will provide analyses and insight to track performance, and will recommend how best to optimize our offering via numerous sources of customer data – taking audience needs, preferences and behavior into consideration at all times to drive engagement with tangible impact.
What will be your mission?
At Sony Pictures, our mission is to connect relevant movie and TV series content to consumers and audiences across Theatrical, transactional, subscription and linear viewing platforms. Our content includes franchise brands such as Spiderman, Jumanji, Ghostbusters and Venom, through to TV franchises such as Breaking Bad, Blacklist and The Good Doctor.
Our team is responsible for aggregating millions of consumer data points to best in class predictive models, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines and more – all geared toward building data products, visualization tools and insights platforms that will assess and predict audience preferences and behavior to drive growth of engagement and consumption of our content on our Digital Channels, to drive ad-based and transactional revenues, and to drive license fees for Sony movies and series.
In this position, the Manager will be responsible for delivering audience-level analytics and digital media viewing engagement to answer strategic business questions focusing on our Consumer-Driven Business Models and traditional lines of business.
You will be reporting to the Director of Strategic Analytics and Commercial Partnerships.
Who are you?
You have a strong analytical background, and a demonstrated ability to boil the complex into simple, cohesive and digestible findings, stories and recommendations.
You are well versed in both SQL and analytics -- leveraging coding skill to profile, join and analyze vast 1st, 2nd and 3rd party datasets. You have experience designing A/B Tests, and in developing simple, flexible and meaningful visualizations and interfaces where data is used to tell a story that drives actionable insights for our Digital Channel platforms and beyond.
You frame and organize analyses in ways that anticipate follow-on questions and deep dives, but that also allow for easy interpretation of your findings. As such, you appreciate that well-organized, clear, simple visualization techniques and distilled analytics are critical in engaging business users in a culture where data is democratized, accessible and easily interpreted.
You are comfortable working within two environments: in a fast-paced start-up-like environment as we launch new Digital channels, and in a large and well-established distribution organization. You analyze large and diverse data sets, with a focus on consumer-level journeys across and within digital channels.
You thrive in a collaborative environment and are comfortable driving project-based deliverables with internal stakeholder groups and with external companies. You dive into projects and quickly come up to speed to on existing processes in order to build, maintain & enhance tools we've created for our Distribution, Sales and Marketing colleagues. And you frame / re-frame resulting insights so that they are relevant to these different internal audiences and their nuanced roles and responsibilities.
You are a data visualization expert who will build appealing, understandable visualizations to enhance our dashboards. You have a strong portfolio and a demonstrated ability to analyze large and diverse data sets and communicate findings with clear and compelling visualizations.
You are innately curious with a passion for up-skilling and learning to ensure our analyses are methodologically sound and leverage software packages that enable rapid iteration and scale. This passion for learning applies to how you engage with business partners, as understanding the nuances of their roles often informs our analysis and enables more actionable outputs.
What will you do?
You will work across multiple teams (Data Science, Data Management, Business Intelligence) and diverse users in the business throughout the content creation and distribution value chain to provide 4 primary functions:
1. Find, activate and measure engagement of different distribution platforms' audiences
• Drive new insights & action plans for our Digital channels and management of their audiences through consumer analytics, data exploration, visualization and data story-telling.
• Analyze user-level data across viewing datasets to identify consumer insights, trends and business opportunities in the US and Internationally
• Assess patterns in preferences, behaviors and consumer viewing journeys that suggest an individual is a strong candidate to join our audience, and from there assist in reaching them with targeted advertising messages (both directly and indirectly via Look-Alike modeling)
• Analyze relationships between titles commercially and thematically to inform and strengthen CDBM audience outreach and management
• Provide ongoing insight on how consumers' behavior drives broad trends across our portfolios of digital Channels and Asset clips
• Productionalize & maintain dashboards for consistent availability and performance
2. A/B testing
• Maintain and update A/B consumer-level reports for past and upcoming title launches
• Identify, analyze, and support Closed Loop measurement and reporting opportunities working cross-functionally, with eye toward driving real-time action off reports' insights
3. Scenario modeling and project-based analyses
• Inform Campaign, Title, and Initiative scenario modeling and ROI analyses to assess risk/opportunity tied to immediate- and near-term actions
• Support new offers/value propositions to consumers through various data analysis
4. Analysis and Project management
• In partnership with AVOD Networks, Commercial and Marketing teams, consider, create, maintain, and support quantitative decision-making tools/models that expand upon or expedite decision making
• Focus on Impact, clearly scoping projects before embarking on analysis/development. Define analysis goals, KPIs and the calculations needed for measurement, and frame them clearly and simply such that all involved parties can align
• Perform sophisticated hypothesis-driven analysis with only broad oversight
• Use Agile principles across all phases of the analysis and visualization development life cycle, including helping to manage and report on the project's progress, as necessary.
• Demonstrated mastery of SQL
• Demonstrated mastery of social media analytics portals (e.g. YouTube, Google, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience working with consumer-level data to define groups of individual consumers with propensity to engage, then serve offers matched to their preferences
• Demonstrated experience within entertainment or consumer packaged goods industry, collaborating with both internal and external sales and management teams
• Demonstrated experience in Closed Loop reporting and A/B testing techniques