Manager, Advertising & Publicity
Sony PicturesNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 8:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Advertising & Publicity jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Advertising & Publicity postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Advertising & Publicity?
Full Time Job
Manager, Advertising & Publicity, Sony Pictures Classics
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the talent for all Sony Pictures Classics movies.
/ duties include:
• Manage, create and execute all talent travel and press events for SPC's upcoming films.
• Manage and oversee the execution of booking of flights, hotels, cars, greeters and grooming including any issues that might arise with accommodations and travel.
• Liaise with all SPC's talent agents, mangers and/or publicists to negotiate and execute travel arrangements including class of travel, status of hotel room.
• Liaise and field all special r equests from talent's representatives during their travel and throughout all press obligations.
• Review all legal paid ad requirements on contract obligations for talent travel.
• Budget and report all pertinent travel and talent costs per film.
• Budget, manage and report hotel costs during theatrical press days including liaising with the publicists and talent to ensure a successful, cost- efficient junket and not incur an overspend.
• Manage festival and regional press tours and any associated itineraries.
• Negotiate rates and potential upg rades with hotels regarding talent travel and press days.
• Negotiate hair and grooming rates with 3 rd party agencies on behalf of the talent.
• Negotiate rates for outside car companies that talent prefers we use on a case by case basis.
• Negotiate fees for special translators for the talent of SPC's foreign films.
• Manage and create special travel bookings and ticket reservations for awards like Oscars, SAG or any other specialized film guild or event.
• Manage, budget and liaise with jet and helicopter companies outside of Sony when applicable.
• Liaise with production companies in order to ensure talent is available for SPC's press needs should the talent be on another project.
• Liaise with our legal department to review contracts for press days and theatre premiere screenings.
• Manage, budget and oversee the processing of the department invoices in a timely manner as well as setting up new vendors (including managing any temporary workers) and dealing with vendors when payment issues arise.
• Must be available by phone/e- mail on evenings and weekends to manage potential work inquiries including missed flights, lost luggage and missing car pick ups and dealing with sensitive or difficult talent.
• Track and reconcile all spending on the SPC procurement card across all departments on a monthly basis.
• Must be in a rotation to cover the phones to Co -Presidents when their assistant is away.
• Must be detail oriented as well as able to handle multiple tasks at a given time.
• Assist at special screening s, film premieres and press junket days.
• Must be responsible, have a polite and respectful demeanor and able to work calmly under pressure.
2 - 5 years related experience
• Strong computer skills; specifically Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Superior communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to identify work priorities and requirements up-front; complete complex projects on time and within budget; make effective and timely decisions and remain accountable for outcome
• Skill in establishing on-going relationships of trust and understanding
• Must be detail-oriented, possess strong negotiating skills and the ability to work on several tasks concurrently
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - NY - New York City