Legal Department Assistant, APAC
Sony PicturesSingapore, SG
Full Time Job
Legal Department Assistant, APAC
About the Role
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking to hire a talented departmental administrative assistant with company secretarial capabilities to join our APAC (Asia Pacific) legal team in Singapore.
The local team is dynamic, has high standards and encourages innovation and professional growth. The role will be based in Singapore and report to Sony Pictures' Vice President, Legal Affairs for APAC, who oversees the region. Two further legal professionals in Singapore and Hong Kong make up the regional team, which is part of a collaborative global legal function.
The focus of the role will be to assist Sony Pictures Television's content distribution businesses, supporting the business teams across the region, with offices in Sydney, Beijing, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Tokyo, and Seoul. The APAC legal team also work closely with other SPE legal teams, notably in London and Los Angeles. Responsibilities will include general departmental administration and managing corporate secretarial matters with legal support.
This is a newly created role for a strong and growing legal team that works on cutting edge deals and is passionate about diversity, inclusion and providing an outstanding in-house legal function.
• Self-starter with a proactive and positive attitude to their work that takes ownership of tasks and is able to work independently as well as with other employees.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, efficiently manage complex processes (such document execution across territories/time zones) prioritize and manage competing deadlines.
• Some experience or willingness to learn how to manage the preparation of board meetings, completion and circulation of board papers and other company secretarial tasks to ensure compliance.
• Ability to liaise effectively with external providers, in particular corporate secretarial service providers
• Ability and willingness to continue to learn new law and industry practices.
Who we're looking for:
• A basic understanding of the company secretary function and willingness to expand skills in this area.
• Some relevant experience with a law firm or multi-national company.
• A collaborative team player with a wish to learn and support others.
About Sony Pictures Entertainment
SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
Our Motion Picture Group's vast film library includes more than 3,500 titles, including 12 Best Picture Academy Award® winners. The studio has produced and financed some of the industry's most notable franchises including Spider-Man, Jumanji, Bad Boys, Peter Rabbit, Men In Black, Hotel Transylvania, Ghostbusters and Venom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
SGP - Offsite/Home/Remote - SPENA