Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a qualified lawyer to join its legal team at its EMEA region headquarters in London.
About Sony Pictures Entertainment
SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
The Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group's vast film library includes more than 3,500 titles, including 12 Best Picture Academy Award® winners. The studio has produced and financed some of the industry's most notable franchises including Spider-Man, Jumanji, Bad Boys, Peter Rabbit, Men In Black, Hotel Transylvania, Ghostbusters and Venom.
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform.
About the Role
The role will focus primarily on the licensing of the Motion Picture Group's films and SPT's television series to television channels, SVOD and other digital platforms across the EMEA region. It will also present an opportunity to work across other lines of business and disciplines, including direct to consumer businesses, home entertainment, theatrical distribution, corporate transactions, dispute resolution and regulatory matters.
The position is ideally suited to candidates with the following experiences and attributes:
• 1-4 years' post-qualification experience, or equivalent;
• Experience of drafting and negotiating TV and digital rights licences;
• A solid understanding of copyright law and contract law;
• Enthusiasm for the industry;
• A willingness to develop and collaborate;
• An international outlook;
• An ability to work calmly and thoughtfully; and
• Strong interpersonal skills.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London