Junior FP&A Manager
Sony PicturesBrussels, BU
This was removed by the employer on 12/28/2022 3:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Junior FP&A Manager jobs in Brussels-BU
Search all Junior FP&A Manager postings
Full Time Job
Junior FP&A Manager
We are Sony Pictures Entertainment!
We are in the business of creativity… making some of the most beloved film and television of all time for every platform in the world. As the most creative and proudly independent studio, our future is boundless.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a division of Sony Corporation, a creative entertainment company built on a foundation of technology. Along with our sister companies, we make movies, television, music and games that engage billions of people, connecting creators and audiences around the world. We are looking for innovators to join us as we forge the future of entertainment!
This role supports the business, from a finance point of view, in the distribution across Belgium and Luxembourg of the films produced by 3 major studios: Sony Pictures, Universal Pictures, and Paramount Pictures. We are looking for a Finance Analyst who will mainly be oriented toward Planning and Financial Analysis, including but not limited to:
• Prepare and update overhead budget and forecast; perform reconciliation and variance analysis against actuals
• Prepare and update title forecasts for each studio, prepare and submit costs allocation to title, review, analyze and discuss budget and variances with Business Operations
• Review monthly reports and provide analysis to other studios (Universal & Paramount) as needed
• Provide support to Strategic and Business Development Decisions, support for the business, customer and vendor negotiations
• Lead global projects, locally and across all of SPRI that result in improvement opportunities, efficiencies, and/or cost savings.
Another important part of the role consists in the coordination with the various components of SPE's Global Finance Organization (GFO) who deal with specific aspects of transactional accounting and processes:
• Work closely with Operations and GFO Disbursements to analyze, update, coordinate any necessary information relating to Purchases, Vendor Maintenance, and Payment operations, including title set up for all 3 studios. Input coding, review, approve overheads expenses and work closely with Procurement to prepare or review RFP with existing or new vendors and provide supporting documentation (local contracts) and explanation as needed to Operations, Finance and GFO.
• Provide GFO RTR with support for periodic accruals (overheads or title related) and explanation for variances against budget (overheads or title related); manage and report local petty cash.
• Coordinate the preparation of statutory financial statements and tax returns with GFO Statutory & Tax, act as local point of contact for tax filings (VAT, CIT, on-line statistical reports) and statutory filings (BNB, UBO, etc.), sending relevant documents and information as needed.
• Provide support to GFO and/or CG to gain information on local debtor accounts, coordinate billing and collections issues with operations and liaise with local circuits as needed
• Coordinate the preparation of monthly payroll with P&O department and external service provider, maintaining local employees' data and contracts, coordinate communication with local service providers (medical insurance, pension funds, etc.)
• Coordinate with facilities group any question relating to premises, coordinate IT questions with technical support team based in France and manage office supplies (stationery, refreshments, copiers).
Experience and Skills
• Well trained FP&A with accounting background, good knowledge of systems used by SPE (SAP S4, BW, etc.), proficient use of Excel, a strong sense of organization, rigorous mind, strong logic as well as capacity to work efficiently under tight timeframes in uncertain environment, adapting to change.
• Enthusiastic, optimistic, passionate spirit, excellent sense of contact, working diligently with colleagues on site and off site with a global mentality.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in business, finance or administration with some accounting training and experience and 3 to 5-year experience in FP&A, ideally in Film industry, otherwise in service or distribution in an international environment or culture
• Fluent English/Dutch/French
If you require any reasonable adjustments with any part of the recruitment process, including the application or interview process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Reasonable Adjustment Request in the subject line of the email.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
BEL - Brussels - SPRI