Junior Field Publicist
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Junior Field Publicist
Junior Field Publicist
• Regional Marketing:
• Manage network of field agencies in top markets across the United States on day-to-day basis as they execute company strategy for each film
• Coordinate and execute regional word-of-mouth and targeted screening programs, as well as advance screenings for press and promotional partners
• Assist at local/regional press screenings, promo screenings, premieres, junkets, etc.
• Maintain and build relationships with key local/regional press to secure interview, feature and review coverage in top markets
• Monitor regional press coverage for assigned titles and circulate breaks to publicity team
• Oversee and organize studio and talent participation in regional press tours, film festivals and other publicity events, and maintain budgets, manage schedules, and detailed documents for these events. Travel to accompany talent/filmmakers on regional press tours as needed.
• Develop and execute regional blogger strategy including in-person and virtual events, mailings, programs, etc.
• Act as Los Angeles studio representative. Maintain relationships with Los Angeles word-of-mouth groups and universities and arrange local promotions with media (broadcast, print, online), screening events, talent/filmmaker appearances and grassroots events in market
• Collaborate with team to create promotional items and mailers for assigned titles and allocate strategically to agencies and initiatives
• Work directly with field to organize and execute all national promotional tie-ins
• Assist with coordinating regional awards campaign screenings and special appearances in field markets
• Strategize, plan and execute all physical/virtual/hybrid junkets, press days, character tours, film festivals, fan events and convention participation
• Coordinate talent appearances and stunts at all national comic book/sci-fi conventions including San Diego Comic-Con and NY Comic-Con
• Covers talent at junkets, regional events, TV satellites, in-studio radio appearances, premieres, etc.
• Specialty and experiential tours for films (global costume / prop / walkabout tours)
• Creates and oversees the detailed budgets for all junkets, national film festivals, fan events, national conventions, tours, experiential events etc.
• Liaison between publicity and hotels across the country to plan publicity events, including negotiating hotel and vendor contracts and rates for junkets and press days and managing room blocks for all talent/filmmakers, entourage, press, staff and executives
• Works alongside Team Leads and Directors to build and coordinate talent/filmmaker schedules and facilitate special requests
• Generates detailed event documents including interview schedules, staffing assignments, executive and press itineraries etc.
• Liaise with junket production vendors (physical, virtual, & hybrid)
• Collaborate with international local offices on logistics for all physical/virtual/hybrid global junkets and press days
• Cross-Divisional & Partnerships Liaison
• Manages multi-department requests for talent/filmmakers and involvement in experiential tours, junkets, activations and publicity events
• Coordinates global partnership integration and involvement at publicity events and activations
• Facilitates Cross-Divisional requests and integrates involvement and participation at publicity events, experiential tours and activations
• 4-5 years of experience at a studio or agency in Field Publicity / Promotions
• Develop, implement and execute regional publicity and promotional campaigns reporting to SVP of Global Publicity
• Plan and implement publicity appearance tours, film festivals, conventions and publicity tie-in events.
• Responsible for coordinating all logistics at festivals and conventions such as securing screening and panel time slots, press, talent travel and hotel accommodations, etc.
• Manage all functions of global press junkets and press days including scheduling TV, print and radio press.
• Book hotel rooms and function space for junkets.
• Oversee and coordinate junket travel for press and work with press to track run dates and secure junket pieces.
• Oversee, manage and set nationwide screening programs- screenings to include press, promotional, word-of-mouth and special requests from filmmakers.
• Track and manage field budgets for film campaigns and compile final reports and highlights at the end of each for publicity and promotional activities.
• Work closely with the Intersectional team
• Partner with Publicists to create Press and Influencer events/experiences to generate on-air and social content
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01