Junior Business Relationship Manager - Productions
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Junior Business Relationship Manager (IT) - Productions
Junior Business Relationship Manager (IT) - Productions
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
This is an important role within the Global Information Technology Production Services Team (ITPS) supporting SPE's intellectual property generating lines of business. The role is customer-facing and the relationship with the Production is crucial to the successful delivery of IT services.
The Jr. BRM role acts as a point of engagement between the EMEA Motion Pictures and TV Productions businesses. The role will provide first line support to the services of the Global Service Catalogue and proactive relationship management to understand, review, analyse, and communicate Production needs. They will act as an ambassador for SPE IT and the studio, partnering with other SPE Corporate teams to deliver the highest level of IT service, consultancy and support to our Productions.
As part of a global team the role is expected to provide support for the solutions the Production is using from the Global Service Catalogue during UK office hours. To ensure the Production needs are met they will have to work with both internal and external support teams. While working with the Production the Jr. BRM should help protecting SPE IP by reporting any risk they encounter and work on the remediations as instructed.
To help Production teams to use the provided solutions efficiently the role should provide trainings when required. Keeping support documents and user guides up to date is also part of the role.
This role will interact with key partners within the different Productions Teams. The role will perform both formal and informal account management reviews and should be interested in project management and business analysis. Partnering with the EMEA Territory Services and Global Teams to co-ordinate the successful implementation of both Technical Solutions and Support services.
• First line support on IT services provided to productions including user account management for O365, Ci Media cloud (SPE Digital Asset Management), eCinema/Media Fly (SPE Dailies platform) and other platforms.
• User account management on Synology and other storage systems and help with install/decommission tasks.
• Help with and raise support issues.
• Coordinate with internal resources, 3rd party suppliers and delivery partners as required to fulfil requests and resolve issues.
• Highlight and raise any risk or issues while working with productions.
• Provide updates to Production Facts sheet and related documents.
• Maintaining manuals and guides to reflect software changes and updates
• Deliver in territory on behalf of and partnering with, the Global IT Production Teams.
• Serve as liaison between Productions and IT; translating business needs into functional and technical business requirements.
• Excellent ability to communicate complex information to others,
• Solid ability to consistently anticipate users' needs through an in depth understanding of the Production environment.
• Understand and apply IT governance and standards, referring to Information Security, Information Governance best practices and SPE Policies.
• Deliver training to Productions where required.
• Provide VIP support in conjunction with and on behalf of the Global Service Desk & EMEA Territory Services teams, acting as a point of escalation for incidents with high business impact
• Will be required to assist with support of incident and problem resolution.
Key outputs include:
• Support tickets
• Production Facts sheets
• Production tracker, Status Reporting e.g. PMO Scorecard, Issue & Risk Log, Action Tracker, Deliverable Tracker
• Updated support documents and guides
• Performance reporting of services and vendors
The job's most important functions and responsibilities, and percentage of time spent on each.
• 50% 1. Business Analysis & Support - Analyse/understand and document Production IT challenges; map current IT business processes and 'to be' business processes, determine production requirements, resolve issues which may affect the production process. Assist BRM and TS teams in capturing technology requirements and solutioning the corresponding functional or technical, capabilities of a software platform or business application. Good knowledge of one or more functional and/or technical platform architectures, i.e. Production, Post Production VFX, Digital Media, Intellectual Property, and Distribution. Provide support to services used by Productions.
• 30 % 2. Customer Relationship Management – Manages customer expectations; resolve customer satisfaction issues; train and educate customers on the use of technology; ensure business unit is receiving appropriate and adequate levels of IT services; offer alternate solutions to customer problems (e.g. process changes); communicate IT goals, activities and accomplishments to the business.
• 10% 3. Project Management - Work with various Project Management teams Globally to deliver Production IT deliverables. Ensure Production's satisfaction with IT processes and products; understand and communicate user expectations.
• 10% 4. Communication / Information Distribution – Regularly update IT senior Management and the other Corporate platforms on the progress and requirements of the Production LOB.
• Relevant IT industry work experience including project management, business analysis, system analysis and SDLC management.
• Passionate about Film and TV, experience in the industry would be a bonus!
• Effective in a variety of formal/informal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups.
• Experience gatheing and documenting changing business requirements.
• Solid ability to perform analysis of large complex business, workflow, and technology issues to support decision-making.
• Ability to work closely with creative and technical teams
• Interact with internal and external organisations (i.e. vendors, service providers, etc.).
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be meticulous and detailed with the ability to meet ambitious deadlines.
• Must be flexible and effective at multi-tasking.
• Must be willing to travel at short notice and on occasion over weekends, bank holidays, etc.
• Must be pro-active with issue identification and resolution.
• Solid understanding of IT environments, technologies in relation to the business needs.
• Good understanding of day-to-day corporate IT Platforms MS Office365, Peripherals (printers, webcams etc)
• Experience supporting Production, Post Production or VFX teams.
• Experience working within a Production, Post Production or VFX Company
• Knowledge of the end to end Motion Picture and Television Production Process and Teams involved.
• Awareness of ITIL, PRINCE2, AGILE
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable)
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London