Junior Analyst, Research
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 4/14/2021 3:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Junior Analyst, Research jobs in London-UK
Search all Junior Analyst, Research postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Junior Analyst, Research? Junior Analyst, Research EMEA
Junior Analyst, Research EMEA (Fixed Term Contract)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a 'Big Six' Hollywood Studio with a global footprint responsible for blockbuster films like Jumanji, Peter Rabbit and the Spider-Man franchise, along with renowned TV shows like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, Breaking Bad and The Crown.
London serves as SPE's headquarters for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. The EMEA Research team provides data analytics and business development support for the region's Content Licensing, Home Entertainment, Media Networks, and International Production businesses. This involves:
• Conducting secondary research to understand behavioural trends in media consumption.
• Tracking product performance across the region and its lifecycle.
• Translating Primary and Secondary research data into actionable insights that supports content sales and deal negotiations.
• Analysing macro trends across Technology, Media and Telecom (TMT) industries; blending available information and communicating a concise perspective to the business.
Sony's Research team prides itself on being an influential part of the industry with award winning research, a global network of colleagues and a focus on being dynamic and impactful every day.
The EMEA Research team has an exciting opportunity in London suited to undergraduate students, looking for a year in industry as part of their degree, or recent graduates looking to experience the fast-paced, multinational environment of media/ entertainment.
This will be a paid role starting in March 2021 (or as close to as possible) and initially ending on June 30th, 2022. As part of the role you will work closely with various other functional teams in the business such as Production, Commercial, Sales Planning and Marketing. There will be regular exposure to senior level executives and project work will take in geographical coverage of both developed and emerging markets in the EMEA region. By the end of the 12 months, you will have worked on launching multiple TV series and supported various growth focused projects for EMEA.
THE OPPORTUNITY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Film & Series Positioning
Conduct deep dive quantitative and qualitative analysis on the performance of individual titles across the region using content tracking software and social listening tools.
Utilise primary and secondary research to derive real-time consumer insights and create bespoke content sales pitches for key clients.
Visualise data derived insights to effectively communicate to commercial teams in achieving their business goals.
Industry Landscape & Content Analysis
Perform competitor benchmarking across the region to help the business better position itself for key deals and negotiations.
Track new platform/ product launches across the region to update business leaders on the ever-changing industry landscape.
Monitor new developments across the TMT industries to identify key opportunities and flag risks to mitigate.
Build Knowledge of the Media/ Entertainment Industry
Gain experience working alongside an award-winning, industry-leading Research team with many years of experience across sectors.
Gain exposure to the workings of a major Hollywood studio while partnering with world-class Sales and Marketing professionals.
Network with industry experts and stay up to date with latest industry movements through market reports and regular interactions with market agencies.
Ideal candidates will meet and be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
• Problem solving – ability to engage in structured thinking (both conceptual and analytical).
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – to engage with employees from different countries and across all levels of the organisation.
• Attention to detail and ability to quickly grasp new concepts and skills.
• A team player with ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple deadlines.
• A self-starter eager to take initiative and go beyond the day-to-day requirements of the job.
• Knowledge and passion for Film and Television with interest in building a career in the corporate side of the media/ entertainment industry.
• Experience with building dashboards in Tableau and data visualisation would be a plus.
• Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
• Fluent in both written and spoken English.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.