IT Post Production Specialist
Sony PicturesBogota, DC
Full Time Job
IT Post Production Specialist
The IT Post Production Specialist in the Latin America group is senior role and a core member of a team accountable for the management of the global SPE desktop and applications environment. The Post Production Specialist will provide current and long-term architecture, planning, and maintenance to the design & build strategy of the global SPE desktop and applications environment in relation to new technology implementations, core software standards, image conception, workstation management, automated software distributions and software distribution package scripting and development. This position requires an emphasis on problem identification and resolution, technical solution development, project management as well as building and maintaining positive business relationships with the global IT Organizations, clients and vendors. Proactively provides creative solutions to clients based on industry trends. Fulfillment of responsibilities must be performed with a minimum amount of supervision. In general, responsibilities will include any requirements regarding the management of the global desktop and applications environment, from managing 1 st, 2nd and 3 rd level desktop issues to planning and management of enterprise wide desktop and software initiatives. Travel to regional offices and communication with global IT staff is expected on a regular basis.1) Desktop Infrastructure and software Design and Maintenance: 20% • Establish global standards for client hardware and operating systems • McAfee product implementations for the entire SPE enterprise including review of desktop enforced policies and implementation methods. • Global desktop management and image development planning and implementation • New hardware and application evaluations, documentation, and implementation • Develop desktop performance procedures and methods for determining metrics2) 1st, 2nd and 3rd Level Desktop and application Support: 50% • Manage outages, virus outbreaks, identify root cause and resolve 1st, 2nd and 3rd level desktop Mac/PC/Virtual Machines and software issues within allowed service levels. • Identify, resolve and escalate business issues as appropriate • Manage after hours and on-call support • Software Installation PC/Mac/Virtual Machines, Computer Configuration/Virtual Machines, iPhone and Androids. Video Conferences, Color, sound and edition rooms.3) LOB project requests: 10% • All manual software installation requests; including design, build test, pilot distribution and production implementation.4) Develop and maintain project plans for mid-size to enterprise wide desktop and application projects: 10% • Represent the core team in meetings regarding future technologies and go-forward initiatives that affect the desktop and software5) Provide oral and written status reports to IT management and customers: 10%.Knowledge of:
• SPE global IT department structure, owners of particular services, enterprise platforms and infrastructure responsibilities
• Security standards and industry best practices for securing the SPE desktops
• Desktop management procedures including patch management approach, Mac and/or PC imaging guidelines, image blueprint creation, user experience improvements, workstation auditing and license metering
• Change Control processes
• ServiceNow submission, editing and closure of Incidents, Requests, Changes and Problems
• Familiarity of standards and trends relative to the desktop/laptop user experience
• Proficient in the use of requisite software (MS Office, Final Cut Pro, Adobe products, Toast, Transmit, parallels, Cinema 4D, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written, and presentation. Ability to understand and explain desktop engineering strategies and effectively correlate steps and processes to achieve expected results
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills – able to resolve problems, examine opportunities for process improvements and formulate an implementation approach. Solid understanding of the capabilities and limitations of technology, especially in their usage for supporting business processes.
• Collaborate and communicate with team members, clients and other areas of IT
• Communicate complex information into user-friendly terms
• Produce a quality of work that is consistently high
• Schedule priorities to meet deadlines
• Conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required
• Write reports that contain solid findings and recommendations
Languages: • Fluent English is not required. But intermediate level desirable, person capable of writing/ replying technical emails in English is fine.
The IT Post Production Specialist in the Latin America group is senior role and a core member of a team accountable for the management of the global SPE desktop and applications environment.
COL - Bogota - Calle 79