IT Business Analyst, Motion Picture & TV Productions
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
IT Business Analyst, Motion Picture & TV Productions (12 month FTC)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom
Sony Pictures Entertainment's London office are currently seeking an IT professional who has proven experience supporting Production, Post Production or VFX Companies and demonstrable knowledge and passion for the end to end Motion Picture and Television Production process to join their teams as IT Business Analyst, Productions on a 12 month fixed term basis.
This is a critical role within the EMEA IT Team supporting SPE's intellectual property generating lines of business. The role is customer-facing and the relationship with the Production is crucial to the successful delivery of IT services.
In this role you will act as the primary point of engagement between the EMEA Motion Pictures and TV Productions businesses. You will be the subject matter expert (SME) for Productions, owning the EMEA Production road map from inception (Pre-production) through closure (Delivery). Providing proactive relationship management to understand, review, analyse, and communicate Production needs. You will act as an ambassador for SPE IT and the studio, partnering with other SPE Corporate teams to provide the highest level of IT service, consultancy and support to our Productions.
You will also be responsible for the ongoing development of the EMEA Production Service Catalogue focussed on continual improvement and will be expected to recommend solutions from the Global Service Catalogue and ensure the Production needs are met. If gaps are identified in the Service Catalogue you will research and recommend appropriate solutions and services internally or within the market place.
Interacting with key stakeholders within the Motion Pictures & International Television Productions Team, you will further provide support for the applications in the global services catalogue when required. You will perform both formal and informal account management reviews and should be well versed in project management and business analysis. Partnering with the EMEA Territory Services and Global Teams to co-ordinate the successful implementation of both Technical Solutions and Support services.
Detailed Responsibilities include the following (but not limited to):
• Ensuring the coordination and delivery of Production IT Services, on time, within budget and within scope.
• Managing changes to project scope, schedule and costs.
• Coordinating internal resources, 3rd party suppliers and delivery partners as required.
• Ensuring risks and issues are addressed throughout the Production lifecycle.
• Produce project status management information and reports.
• Ensure project documentation is produced and maintained
• Deliver in territory on behalf of and partnering with, the Global IT Production Teams.
• Serve as liaison between Productions and IT; translating business needs into functional and technical business requirements.
• Collaborate with business partners to define project scope and business requirements for multiple projects of various complexity.
• Act as the SME for Productions and conduct/manage the knowledge transfer with Internal IT Teams, Corporate SPE Teams and 3rd Parties.
• Excellent ability to communicate complex information to others, presenting messages in a way that enhances understanding of large scale projects.
• Strong ability to consistently anticipate users' needs through an in depth understanding of the Production environment.
• Support and management of system and UAT testing with the Production, IT and 3rd parties.
• Understand and apply IT governance and standards, referring to Information Security, Information Governance best practices and SPE Policies.
• Provide training to Productions where required.
• Create handover documentation and training of new services added to the global service catalogue to the appropriate IT support team.
• Provide VIP support in conjunction with and on behalf of the Global Service Desk & EMEA Territory Services teams, acting as a point of escalation for incidents with high business impact
• Will be required to assist with support of incident and problem resolution.
Your Key outputs will include:
• EMEA Production Service Catalogue
• EMEA Production Account Management Portfolio
• Status Reporting e.g. Scorecard, Project Plan, Issue & Risk Log, Action Tracker, Deliverable Tracker
• IT and Business Cutover Plan
• Contingency and roll-back Plan
• Business cases for new services as required to support demand from Productions
• Business Requirements Definition documents
• Functional Design documents
• Business insights enabled through IT
• Performance reviews (if/when applicable)
Breakdown of core responsibilities:
30%Customer Relationship Management – Manages customer expectations; resolve customer satisfaction issues; train and educate customers on the use of technology; ensure business unit is receiving appropriate and adequate levels of IT services; offer alternate solutions to customer problems (e.g. process changes); communicate IT goals, activities and accomplishments to the business.
30% Project Management - Work with various Project Management teams Globally to deliver Production IT deliverables. Ensure Production's satisfaction with IT processes and products; understand and communicate user expectations.
30%Business Analysis & Operational Support - Analyse/understand and document Production IT challenges; map current IT business processes and 'to be' business processes, determine production requirements, resolve issues which may affect the production process. Assist BRM and TS teams in capturing technology requirements and solutioning the corresponding functional or technical, capabilities of a software platform or business application. Good knowledge of one or more functional and/or technical platform architectures, i.e. Production, Post Production VFX, Digital Media, Intellectual Property, and Distribution. Act as an escalation point for business applications and be an escalation point with the business.
10% Communication / Information Distribution – Regularly update IT senior Management and the other Corporate platforms on the progress and requirements of the Production LOB.
& Experience Required:
To be considered for this role you will ideally meet and be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
• Bachelor's Degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
• Typically 5+ years of relevant IT industry work experience including project management, business analysis, system analysis and SDLC management.
• Must have Entertainment industry experience and passion for this area.
• Effective in a variety of formal/informal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups.
• Experience gathering and documenting changing business requirements.
• Strong ability to perform analysis of large complex business, workflow, and technology issues to support decision-making.
• Ability to work closely with creative and technical teams
• Interact with internal and external organizations (i.e. vendors, service providers, etc