Head Of Legal Affairs
Sony PicturesMumbai, MH
Full Time Job
Head of Legal Affairs
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a Head of Legal Affairs to join our team.
The position will focus primarily on transactions to produce, distribute and acquire product for Sony Pictures International Productions throughout the world in English and in local languages. This attorney will work closely with senior business and finance executives worldwide to structure, negotiate, document and administer production, co-production, finance and license agreements for both motion picture and television productions.
• Prepare agreements for all facets of motion picture and television production and development, including license agreements, above-the-line agreements, option and literary purchase agreements, production services agreements, production placement and promotion, assignments, releases, contingent compensation definitions, composer agreements, and settlement agreements.
• Provide business and legal services, including negotiation and review of contractual obligations and options, copyrights, contract administration, etc. including reviewing agreements in connection with talent rights and clearances, and drafts appropriate contracts to acquire rights or provide assistance to licensees or third parties, as appropriate, to acquire such rights.
• Negotiate and draft intellectual property licenses and provides legal advice and counsel to business development executives regarding license terms. Advise finance and marketing teams regarding brand approvals, product placement and other license requirements.
• Negotiate and draft standard form contracts, such as talent agreements, and other documents.
• Research and prepare necessary background information for litigation preparation.
• Research and answer inquiries regarding contracts, privacy rights, copyright laws, international subsidies and tax credits, script clearances, guild requirements, and other legal matters.
• Structure and draft joint venture, co-production, output and co-venture agreements as appropriate.
• Create and update form agreements.
• Supervise outside counsel, paralegal and clerical subordinates in the performance of legal- related tasks.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Juris Doctorate (JD) from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 7 years' experience in entertainment law (transactional) and preferably with motion picture and television production, finance and acquisitions experience.
• Must have excellent negotiating skills.
• Knowledge of interactive software market/entertainment industry required.
• Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) as well as proven ability to work with creative and corporate personnel.
• Additional language skills a plus.
• May be required to travel.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
IND - Mumbai - SPIP