Front End Software Engineer, Crackle Plus
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/13/2020 2:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Front End Software Engineer, Crackle Plus jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Front End Software Engineer, Crackle Plus postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Front End Software Engineer, Crackle Plus? Team Crackle Plus
Who We Are Crackle Plus is a free ad-supported video entertainment network featuring a mix of full-length movies, TV shows, and original programming. Crackle Plus also includes a portfolio of other SVOD/AVOD brands including Popcornflix, Frightpix, and Pivotshare. Over 10 million viewers engage with Crackle Plus brands each month across a multitude of connected screens.
Our techstack is diverse and varies from React-redux front-ends to Node.js serverless microarchitectures, to event-streaming queue-fed step-functions to Java/PHP monoliths. We believe in the right tools for the right problem and strive to support a healthy bottom-up architectural methodology.
Our dev team retains the entrepreneurial spirit and creative engine of the SoCal startup culture. We love to collaborate, encourage curiosity, and celebrate technical excellence. We continuously ship small improvements to create a better viewing experience for millions of people around the world. We are bullish about the growing adoption of streaming entertainment and are looking for people who think big and want to build the future with us.
Crackle Plus is a joint venture of Sony Pictures Entertainment. This rols is subject to the terms and conditions of Crackle Plus.
Who You Are
• You have curiosity beyond your own domain of expertise.
• You value simplicity and maintainability over excessively abstracted solutions.
• You're willing to balance both business and technical requirements.
• You take pride in the ownership of your projects and code.
What You'll Do
• Join a small and fast cross-functional team where you'll work with engineers, designers, and product managers to iterate on small, shippable features for Crackle Plus (e.g. advertising, video delivery, and more)
• Deconstruct design wireframes into components, prioritized for assembly, testing, and implementation
• Add new features to both customer-facing products and CMS tooling
• Help build an AI/ML powered commercial motion picture pipeline & CMS platform - to support content delivery & metadata tracking.
• Employ data-driven processes to optimize user experiences and journeys
• 3 years of JAM, MEAN, LAMP architectural experience
• 3 years of experience consuming RESTful APIs Experience
• Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure
• Experience with SRE, QoS, and other data-driven iterative development tools/processes
• Expertise in application integration technologies (REST, SSO, OAuth, etc.)
• Secure development and integration of DevOps tooling (Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise, Consul, Vault, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure Manager Resource templates, workflows, vendor SaaS, etc.)
• Strong understanding of browser and network functionality.
• Experience with custom CMS architectures
• Experience working with containers (Docker, k8s, etc.)
• HTML5 video experience
• ML/AI/recommendation engine experience
• AWS Cognito/SAML auth experience
• GraphQL experience
Location Los Angeles - Culver City
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.