Format Sales Manager, EMEA
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Format Sales Manager, EMEA
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Televisions, International Distribution Formats Business currently have an exciting opportunity for a confident sales individual to join their team and take immediate Format Sales lead across selected EMEA territories as required, including CEE, Turkey, Greece, Israel, Baltics, and others as required.
Areas of accountability will include:
• Responsibility for driving format sales and unscripted finished episode sales across the selected territories in EMEA region.
• Working with the EMEA territory teams to build the format business market by market
• Provide bespoke territory by territory format expertise from creating strategy, crafting bespoke pitches, negotiating deals and monitoring performance of product
• Take responsibility for ad hoc projects to drive global format / international production sales
• Assist VP Formats in determining global product by product strategy as required
• Suitable individuals will be excellent sales negotiators with strong presentation skills, comfortable with confrontation, and have the ability to close deals that are in line with, or exceed, the company's goals over the short, medium and long term.
• Frequent travel expected and essential to EMEA territories to support territory teams, format sales pitches to clients and attend local sales markets and Screenings.
Success will be defined in terms of :
• Territory development (both traditional and new media), financially and strategically – exceeding budgets and structuring SPT's position for the medium/long term
• Managing Budget Responsibility, working with territory heads to deliver specific format and unscripted product targets
• Identify key potential clients market by market, and assist territory teams to build and maintain relationships and demonstrating value of those relationships
• Maximising the revenue of our format titles across selected territories in the EMEA region as well as Unscripted Finished Programme Sales.
The job's most important functions and responsibilities include:
Format Sales Strategy across selected territories in EMEA region
• Working with territory teams, both in territory and remotely to deliver & exceed forecasted territory format and unscripted targets
• Thorough pre-sales planning & market analysis identifying key format clients and assisting teams to build and maintain relationships
• Working with territory team members and with Finance to develop revenue forecasts, budgets and MRP (mid range plans)
• Constantly work to improve terms and fees across the portfolio
• Formulate the sales plans & strategy and fully deliver against that strategy across the region
• Working with territory teams, marketing and research to craft and deliver market specific pitches and sales materials
• As requested, representing SPT as a supplier of premium formats and unscripted content to Producers, Sponsors, Pay, Basic, Free and Digital customers
• As requested assist Territory teams to negotiate and conclude deals with both existing customers and with new customers
• Use product knowledge and understanding of past deals and experiences with the customer to identify / maximise package sales opportunities
Working alongside Territory teams, identify and build relationships with format / unscripted clients in Territories
• Support territory teams to provided timely and appropriate level of client contact - communicate regularly with the client e.g. gather market intelligence, keep client up-to-date on SPT events
• Support territory teams to Manage complex debt or legal issues - if deemed necessary by Finance and Legal executives
• Assist Territory teams to provide commercial terms for drafting of option letters and format licence agreements
• Monitor post sales activity including show performance, scheduling and any excess owing to ensure appropriate billing and post sales follow up.
• Work with Production Consultants for each territory to ensure excellent customer service for format licensees
• Assist territory teams to actively plan and manage client entertaining, roadshows or sales trips as necessary
Format Sales support for selected territories in EMEA Region
• Ensure Territory teams are fully up to date with all product information
• Ensure Territory teams are aware of market changes and format trends
• Monitor and respond to any specific knowledge or training needs for format sales within each territory team
• Ensure format deals are conducted in line with standard Sony terms and working practices.
• Collate sales activity reports for selected territories on a regular basis to feed back to senior management
Other General Activities
• Work effectively with departmental colleagues & cross-functionally with other members of Sony Pictures group as well as Sony Corporation.
• Work with Production Consultancy, Territory teams and finance to extract quarterly sales reports for formats
• Work closely with VP Formats to carry out bespoke unscripted / format project work as requested
• Develop knowledge to 'stand alone' on in-house systems when needed
• Adhere to defined SPT business processes, taking opportunities to improve business processes where possible.
• Share and learn best practices with Territory Teams across different markets
• Drive to continually develop knowledge of the product slate, media types & territory environment (including customers & market dynamics)
• Experience in a format sales executive role within a TV distribution company
• Must have previous experience managing own EMEA territories
• Demonstrable strong sales & growth record
• Good understanding of the TV production process
• Strong people relationship skills
• Proven relevant industry/territory experience
• Demonstrable experience of extensive sales strategy formulation
• Proven awareness of market trends
• Proven knowledge of unique selling point and competitor product knowledge
• Demonstrable sales negotiation experience
• Demonstrable project work experience
• Programme sales experience also desirable
• Understanding of the TV industry, economics of TV and the marketplace
• Comfortable and conversant with new technology applications and business models
• Proven sales acumen and solid pitching and negotiation skills
• Confident and self motivated
• Excellent client relationship manager
• Willingness to travel frequently across EMEA territories
• Foreign languages are highly desirable but not essential
Core Competencies Required:
• Develops clear and consistent strategies to achieve the vision
• Makes sound business decisions that balance competing priorities
• Identifies key business opportunities and challenges
• Uses knowledge of the company's products and services to meet customer needs and financial targets
• Engages colleagues across the organization to optimize performance
• Manages the needs of diverse stakeholders
• Facilitates win-win situations internally and externally
• Resolves conflicts effectively
• Interacts well with people who have different backgrounds a