Financial Travel Analyst Travel Services
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Financial Travel Analyst – Travel Services
The Financial Travel Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the finance functions, including but not limited to invoice payment processing, gathering supporting documentation, and preparation of month end journal entries. This function will also be responsible for reconciling Amex ground travel expenses. These tasks will utilize specialized software such as Sabre, TRAMS (back office system), Ariba in addition to SAP, other travel industry related reporting tools and American Express systems. Many reports include confidential information regarding an employee, corporate department, or production.
*Travel Accounting AP function, including processing invoices for payment, search and/or request backup documents to support the invoice payment, and preparation of allocating/posting journal entries for month end closing. The primary applications used for this function are SAP, Ariba, Trams, Sabre, and GLSU upload.
*Amex reconciliation for travel hotel, ground transportation; eg. Limo service and rental cars. Gather invoices from Amex statement and attach supporting documentations (TA), with coding and approvals, generate allocating journal entry, audits
*Prepare and allocate weekly travel commissions to their corresponding coding and Forward checks to treasury, wire/ach deposits to finance, and AP departments.
• Assists and acts as primary 'back-up' to the Sr. Finance Analyst.
• Review & verify invoices as they pertain to ground and/or hotel travel.
• Assist in researching billing issues (Amex problems, vendor disputes, etc)
• Prepare and file copies of paper travel authorization forms.
• Set up new Travel Accounts using Ariba.
• Post adjustment journal entries.
• Post debit memo journal entry and Unmatched item journal entries.
• Request missing items/problem TA's from the agents.
• Filling and printing (hotel back up, TA's etc).
• Run annual reports for finance.
, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
BA/BS degree preferred
1-2 years of experience
Knowledge of: Travel Industry Front and Back office, SPE processes/procedures, Finance/Accounting
Skilled In: Analytical and Quantitative thinking, Strong PC Proficiency, MS Office, TRAMS, Crystal Reporting, Amex Software, ARC Compass
• Grasp/learn new software & concepts
• Be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Work in a fast paced and complex environment
• Strong follow up on assignments and consistently meet deadlines
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency
• Excellent knowledge of travel industry and related processes
• Manage multiple projects
• Self-motivated and focused on achieving results
• Comfortable in working in a changing environment with the ability to remain flexible, positive and productive as priorities may shift quickly
• Identify and Recommend process improvements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Project Management
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios