Financial Planning & Analysis Trainee, Media Networks
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Financial Planning & Analysis Trainee, Media Networks - Spring 2022
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Professional Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. Trainees will work remotely with the potential of working in the office location at a later time. This position is from February to May 27th.
This department oversees all lines of business (LOB) that includes TV Distribution, TV Networks, and Home Entertainment. They are responsible for assisting with financial reporting, financial analysis, preparation and presentation of periodic financial projections, special projects, and hoc analysis as needed. This includes but is not limited to annual budgets, monthly and quarterly forecasts, mid-range financial plans, month-end closing activities related to Accounting and its different profit centers. The department performs variance analysis of actual results vs. budget and forecast and assists with the monthly closing review. The department is accountable for fulfilling LOB support, financial oversight, corporate requirements, internal controls, and analysis and liaising with home office finance teams in LA and Canada as required and providing information requests as directed.
• Assist all managers in running reports and provide analysis for all LOBs
• Tracking actual versus budget/forecasts. Understand and concisely explain variances between actual results and budget/forecasts and account analysis
• Prepare/review ad hoc analysis & presentation reports for management
• Pull data from various sources and consolidate for management
• Bachelor's degree, Masters in a relevant field of study or experience in a relevant area
• Ability to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday
• Undergrad/Bachelor's degree with a focus on Finance/Accounting/Economics or related field is required
• Excellent Excel/PowerPoint skills and related systems experience required
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami