Financial Planning & Analysis Senior Manager / Director
Sony PicturesHong Kong, HK
Full Time Job
Financial Planning & Analysis Senior Manager/Director
This role is to support the planning, forecasting and reporting cycle of the TV Distribution, Media Networks and Production business across Asia Pacific. This is a key role within the Finance team based in Hong Kong and liaises regularly with Sales and Sales Planning team to ensure they have the information needed to make informed and timely business decisions. In addition, the role liaises with Home Office finance on a regular basis, dealing with queries throughout the month.
• Reporting to the Vice President, Finance in Hong Kong and responsible for budgets / forecasts, management reporting, financial and business analysis, ensuring alignment with strategic goals.
• Driving the development of a dynamic financial, planning and analysis function.
• Partner with senior leadership to develop robust, quality processes around the planning function including the development and implementation of a new planning system.
• Development of ad-hoc reporting and analysis for operational leadership, including development of key performance indicators (KPIs), and keeping operational team abreast of progress against goals.
• Partner with business leaders and teams across the region to provide business insights and support business growth through data analysis.
• Act as a constructive challenger to other functions to drive business growth.
• Look for opportunities to streamline and drive improvement of existing processes.
• Develop and automate financial reporting tools to ensure consistent information sharing across the region.
• Identify and understand the key revenue and profit drivers of the business, ways of adding value and areas of opportunity and risk.
• Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for review with senior management.
• Be a key contact to manage and resolve local reporting queries from field offices and Home Office
• Degree in Finance or Accountancy; MBA and/or CPA is a plus.
• 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably working in a Big 4 audit firm or international organization.
• Experience in development, implementation and maintenance of a planning process and an active role in systems implementation.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills.
• Exposure and experience with enterprise-level accounting systems (e.g. SAP) is preferred.
• Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau/Power BI and collaborative driver-based planning systems such as Anaplan will be an asset.
• Experience and or interest in statistics / data science / data analytics, desirable.
• Strong English communication (both written and verbal) and inter-personal skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work well under tight deadlines.
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform both independently and as a team.
Interested candidates are invited to apply with your detailed CV, including current and expected salary, and notice period.
Applications will be treated in strict confidence and information will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
HKG - Taikoo Shing - SPTI