Financial Planning Analyst
Sony PicturesPanama City, PN
Full Time Job
Financial Planning Analyst
The Financial Planning Analyst will report directly to the Senior Administrative & Finance Manager in Panamá. The successful candidate must be hands-on, participative, fast-paced with strong analytical, technical accounting and communication skills. He will lead the following areas: Accounting, accounts payable and taxes. The Financial Planning Analyst will work with people in the territory, LATAM regional office (Miami).
• Oversee the monthly accounting process: General accounting, Accounting Close, Payroll, Bank Reconciliations.
• Manage relationship will locally accounting and outsource firm.
• Perform monthly general ledger account analysis and reconcile all discrepancies. Participate in year-end closing process.
• Generate monthly financials statements and reporting packages.
• Assure that all relevant and material technical pronouncements, company policy and procedure are appropriately owned and implemented at the legal entity and that the implementation and on-going use of such guidance is correct.
• Provide ongoing advice and counsel to all areas responsible for the primary input of accounting transactions
• Assure that the local entity has appropriate documentation to assure quality and timely closes in the form of local procedures and closing schedules and checklists.
• Assure that the design and implementation of all business processes are adequate for capturing and reporting accounting transactions in accordance with NIIF.
• Volume bonus accruals / Reconciliation of agency incentives / Assisting with VB payments to agencies including the AP process.
• Coordinate the tax services with an outsource company.
• Assist with any treasury matters.
• Assist internal and external auditors.
• Support Ad-Hoc projects
• Create or Review PO before submitting to Approvals.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Direct operational experience in multinational environment in technical accounting, knowledge/awareness of primary features of SAP and related modules which most directly impact the accounting and reporting process.
• Functional fiscal knowledge.
• Advertising, channel, consumer market industry or audit firms experience preferred.
• Excellent communication, team building and relationship skills.
• Personal qualities of integrity and credibility.
• Very dedicated and resilient person with strong capability to address in a short period of time all changes, questions, and explanations.
• Analytical and detail oriented.
• Multi-tasker organized and accountable.
• Experience with SAP R-3 System; SAP- Ariba and SAP S/4 HANA.
• Advanced user in Excel, Power Point and Word.
• Experience working with Financial Shared Service Center.
• English Advanced
Experience: Average between 1 to 4 years of experience in this role.
Accounting or Financial degree.
PAN - Ciudad de Panama