Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
Sony Pictures Television Networks-Latin America operates linear networks, Ad Sales offices and technical operations across many countries in Central America, South America and Caribbean. The portfolio includes both wholly-owned entities and partnerships.
The Financial Analyst – Accounting and Reporting (FA) position will support many aspects of accounting and financial reporting. This position's responsibilities will include month-end close support, preparation and review of various management reports, balance sheet review and research. The FA also has responsibility for understanding GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements regarding financial reporting.
• Assist in variance analysis of actual results to forecasts and budgets
• Prepare journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation
• Prepare and perform first-look review of certain financial reports and Balance Sheet accounts
• Assist management with entries to ensure month-end close is completed timely and accurately
• Provide support to quarterly financial reporting
• Assist with reconciling month-end reports to general ledger and preparation of Corporate submissions
• Complete special projects as necessary
• Entertainment experience preferred
• SAP knowledge greatly preferred
• Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel skills required
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong Accounting / GAAP knowledge with experience with multiple currencies a plus
• Ability to perform tasks with reasonable independence
• Detail-oriented, well organized and analytical
• Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate in Spanish a plus
Experience: Two+ year public and/or private accounting experience required
BS/BA degree with Accounting focus required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami