Financial Analyst, Studio Finance
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Financial Analyst, Studio Finance
The Financial Analyst position will support a wide range of finance activities including financial analysis, accounting, planning, capital budgeting and financial reporting for Worldwide Facilities, Global Security, Safety & Sustainability (S3) and Administrative Services groups. This position is primarily responsible for assisting and supporting the day-to-day FP&A/business support functions along with Ad-hoc requests. The Financial Analyst will also serve as a liaison between Corporate FP&A and the following groups: - Operational teams - Capgemini team members - Hub resources
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
included but are not limited to:
BUSINESS SUPPORT (60%)
• Serve as primary finance support contact for Studio Finance group businesses. Address finance related issues, questions and provide finance guidance on current and planned operating activities.
• Create executive presentations to facilitate communication of business plans, project updates, financial performance reviews, etc. with SPE senior management and Sony headquarters.
• Actively identify, analyze, and propose opportunities for improvement in business processes and controls.
• Ad-hoc projects as needed in support of finance and operations management.
FINANCIAL REPORTING (20%)
• Collaborate with Accounting team to ensure accurate and timely submissions to Corporate. Will analyze monthly and year-to-date financial results, identifying variances to budget / forecast.
• Author monthly/quarterly management reports on business unit performance.
• Communicate and interact regularly with operating management and staff to review on-going business performance.
ANNUAL BUDGETING AND LONG-RANGE PLAN MODELING (20%)
• Support the Annual Budget, Quarterly Forecast and Mid-Range Plan processes for Studio Finance group businesses.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
• Excellent attention to detail required.
• Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Strong organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to forge strong relationships and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Resourceful self-starter with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates financial accounting competency.
• Experience developing and navigating complex financial models.
• Exhibit emotional intelligence and ability to work effectively throughout organizational hierarchies.
• Proven ability to perform well, both individually and as a team.
• Working knowledge of GAAP standards and compliance matters.
• Desire to learn.
• Minimum of 1 years of practical work experience in Finance or related analytical field; Entertainment industry experience preferred; Big 4/Consulting experience a plus.
• B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Accounting, Business, Mathematics or Economics preferred.
• Hands-on budgeting and forecasting experience.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word a must; knowledge of SAP, SQL, VBA, and Visio a plus.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios