Sony PicturesMexico, DF
Full Time Job
Division/Dept: SPT/Finance – Production - Latin America
The Finance Director for Latin American Production is responsible for overall financial management of Teleset Mexico and Colombia. This includes but is not limited to annual budgets, monthly and quarterly forecasts and mid-range financial plans, financial controllership, recruiting, retaining and coaching a team finance professionals in Mexico and Colombia as well as P&L and balance sheet management, etc. The FD also serves as a key financial partner to Teleset's Managing Director and the FD for Latin American Production in Miami.
The day-to-day responsibilities include planning activities related to budgets, forecasts and long-term plans as well as production accounting, ultimates models input, compliance with statutory and US GAAP/IFRS requirements, etc.
The Finance Director reports directly to the VP of Finance for International Distribution and Production and interacts with all levels of SPT-Production Management in Home Office and Latin America as well as with SPE Corporate Finance,
1. Accounting 20%
• Assume full P&L and balance sheet accounting oversight of Teleset leading direct staff teams in Mexico and Colombia as well as all the production accounting staff attached to each production (typically subcontractors).
• Oversee the continuous improvement of Accounting and Financial Processes and the development of the finance team with the goal of achieving best practices and optimal output.
• Review and approve PO's, review and approve invoices (non-PO invoices).
• Oversee the issuance of financial information and statements.
• Report financial results to key stakeholders.
2. Finance & FP&A 50%
• Coordinate, supervise and analyze the financial performance, budgeting and forecasting activities of Teleset in Mexico and Colombia.
• Support strategic planning as a business partner.
• Develop, recommend and implement solutions to financial issues and processes.
• Generate financial analyses to support decision making processes, optimization and management of resources in SPT, Teleset Mexico and Colombia.
• Responsible for analyzing return on investments.
• Provide ad hoc support to Miami and HO as needed.
• Lead budgeting processes of the productions and track their execution.
• Prepare monthly reports with analysis of actual vs. budget for all the productions to support decision-making processes.
• Work closely with production teams to understand operational process flows and ensure compliance to all business control guidelines.
• Preparation and submission of Monthly Flash including variances to budget.
• Prepare consolidated summary reports for management.
• Responsible for giving support and advice on the budget of the company and tracking its execution.
• Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
3. Treasury 5%
• Supervise and coordinate Treasury activities such as Accs Payables and Accs Receivables and overall cash management for all operations.
• Review and analyze AP/ AR reports to make cash-flow decisions
• Manages relationships with banks.
• Prepare reports with forecast and execution of Teleset's Cash Flow.
• Lead the Project cash flow modeling and different financial scenarios and along with cash forecasts.
• In charge of controlling daily cash inflow and outflows of the company to maximize cash management.
• Approve payments in Teleset Mexico & Teleset Colombia financial institutions.
4. Controllership 15%
• Develop the internal review function to ensure that finance and operations controls and policies are compliant.
• Ensure effective follow-up processes are in place.
• Manage the financial systems, ensuing maximum productivity and that they meet the needs of the business.
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
• Manage the payroll function ensuring efficient systems, process and controls.
5. Reporting / Statutory Compliance 10%
• Review reporting packages and ensure the financial figures are correct.
• Ensure that the financial statements are issued timely and correctly.
• Meet all governmental submission deadlines (taxes, ''Supersociedades'', etc).
• The ideal candidate will have a mix of financial and accounting experience including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and planning.
• Managing people.
• Industry experience in television production is a must.
• Experience in other entertainment businesses is a plus such as cable, network, digital or advertising sales, etc.
• International experience is a must.
• Excellent communication, presentation and strong leadership skills are essential to this individual's success.
• Knowledge of all facets of month end close including financial statement preparation and variance analysis, general ledger reconciliation, and experience in budget and forecast preparation.
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP standards and specifically, experience with production ultimates models.
• Proficient knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; SAP financial system experience preferred.
• Time management, as necessary for assigned tasks.
• Fluent in Spanish and English, oral and written (preferred).
• An excellent prioritization skill is essential as well as ability to multi-task.
• Ability to make commitment and meet deadlines.
• Proactive, self-starter and independent thinker.
• Effective combination of analytical and organizational skills is required.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work well with all level of employees and is comfortable/experienced working in a multicultural environment.
Experience: 10 years of Finance/Accounting/Economics experience
Bachelor's focus on Finance and/or Economics is preferred. MBA is ideal.
MEX - Mexico City