Finance Director, Distribution
Sony PicturesTokyo, TY
This was removed by the employer on 7/28/2020 1:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Search for Finance Director, Distribution jobs in Tokyo-TY
Search all Finance Director, Distribution postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Finance Director, Distribution? Finance Director, Distribution
Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the industry's leading content providers in producing, distributing and delivering programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance in Hong Kong and responsible for budgets / forecasts, management reporting, financial and business analysis, ensuring alignment with strategic goals.
• Driving the development of a dynamic financial, planning and analysis function.
• Partner with senior leadership to develop robust, quality processes around the planning function including the development and implementation of a new processes and identified tools required.
• Development of ad-hoc reporting and analysis for operational leadership, including development of key performance indicators (KPIs), and keeping operational team abreast of progress against goals.
• Partner with local business leaders and teams to provide business insights and support business growth through data analysis.
• Act as a constructive challenger to other functions to drive business growth.
• Look for opportunities to streamline and drive improvement of existing processes.
• Develop and automate financial reporting tools to ensure consistent information sharing across the region.
• Identify and understand the key revenue and profit drivers of the business, ways of adding value and areas of opportunity and risk.
• Assist in the preparation of presentation materials for review with senior management.
• Be a key contact to manage and resolve local reporting queries from field offices and Home Office
• Work local centralized accounting group in Japan and outsource provider to ensure the overall integrity of our accounting record and control
• Conduct performance reviews to assess Balance Sheet including inventory and rebate reserve.
• Educated to a minimum undergraduate degree level
• Typically more than 10 years experience in Finance and 3 to 5 years in Entertainment environment.
• Strong computer skills such as SAP, MS Office, and fluent in Japanese and English language (written and verbal)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably working in a Big 4 audit firm or international organization.
• Experience in development, implementation and maintenance of a planning process and an active role in systems implementation.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills.
• Exposure and experience with enterprise-level accounting systems (e.g. SAP) is preferred.
• Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau/Power BI and collaborative driver-based planning systems such as Anaplan will be an asset.
• Interest in statistics / data science / data analytics, desirable.
• Strong Japanese and English communication (both written and verbal) and inter-personal skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Strong business and financial acumen
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work well under tight deadlines.
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform both independently and as a team
• Motivated by passion to exceed expectations and to continuously improve yourself, your team, and your department.
JPN - Tokyo - Toranomon Towers 2nd Floor This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.