Fast Channels Manager
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
Full Time Job
FAST Channels Manager
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. SPE's Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, and Sony Pictures Classics. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
The FAST Channels Manager will oversee the strategy, development, and management of FAST Channels for Brazil, LATAM and USH in concert with internal and external partners.
• Establish digital product and partner with Programming to develop content strategies, including creating digital programming road map, consulting clients on available technologies, presenting marketplace trends, provide recommendations, and leading the definition of future opportunities in the space.
• Manage a team located across the LATAM region
• Originate, lead, and manage FAST Channels partnerships across Brazil, LATAM and the USH territories
• Lead the complete portfolio of FAST Channel development focusing on content-market fit in order to meet audience growth goals.
• Establish and own industry relationships with social media services, development partners, software manufactures.
• Partner with the SPE's Research Team to develop data strategy for products
• Partner with Marketing to develop stunts and strategies to grow viewership and engagement
• Develop best practices that may be applied in this and other products within the Emerging Business portfolio
• Manage third party vendors and developers to successful product completion.
• Manage routing deliverables to internal and external stakeholders.
• Serve as primary point of contact for FAST Channels, ensuring all stakeholders are kept informed and up to date.
• Manage budgets, ensure vendor payment and identify financial efficiencies.
• Partner with Ad Sales to ensure FAST and other Digital Products meet their revenue goals
• Lead the creation of persuasive presentations in order to sell through ideas and concepts to worldwide network stakeholders
• Parnter with the rest of the Emerging Business product teams to grow the overall digital portfolio
• Perform other duties as assigned and as the role and business grows.
• Keen interest in digital pop culture, TV, Film and emerging technologies.(Web 3.0, Mobile Products, Social Media, Video and Entertainment Sites.)
• Content programming experience
• Able to prioritize feature requests based on a broad strategy and goals
• An enthusiastic user of new technologies, i.e., an early adopter
• Experience understanding the use of data and identifying what signals provide the necessary outcomes
• Competent in leading and managing teams, projects, including complex, dynamic web sites, touch screen, mobile and tablet functionality.
• Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate issues and report project status to a diverse non-technical audience
• Ability to troubleshoot and keep a project on track a must
• Must be detail oriented, quality driven, straightforward, self-motivated and proactive.
• Experience mentoring other team members
• Self starter who is able to work independently and communicate back to peers, and the team.Managing up is a must.
• Must be a team player and manage tight deadlines professionally
• Technical knowledge with tools such as JIRA, analytics tools, video CMS.
• Fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3+ years' work experience within the digital industry working directly on one or more
• of the following: Streaming, Messaging, Web, Video, Mobile or OTT.
• Experience with growing audiences on digital products
• 3+ years' work experience within the streaming/media/television or a related industry
• Knowledge of Drupal 7.x or a similar CMS is required
• Experience with content creation is a plus
• Must maintain an entrepreneurial mindset
• Flexibility and openness to proactively advocate for and accept new challenges
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami