Fall Intern - Web System Development & Testing, Technology Development
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2022 9:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Intern - Web System Development & Testing, Technology Development jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Fall Intern - Web System Development & Testing, Technology Development postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Web System Development & Testing Intern, Technology Development – Fall 2022
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Summer Internship is from May/June through August and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
Technology Development empowers studio creators by seeking out and developing new technologies to produce inspiring content. Tech Dev helps to foster innovation at Sony Pictures Entertainment through the discovery, exploration, and socialization of new technologies across the entire spectrum from content creation to distribution. Tech Dev serves as a conduit for SPE to Sony Corporate and R&D, top-tier tech companies, and industry standards bodies.
Our goal is to help future-proof the studio and ensure that it is ready to take advantage of new storytelling technologies and mediums. We aim not to just rely on technology, we want to drive it by becoming top of mind for top-tier tech companies and, where appropriate, funnel opportunities to Sony's investment-driven arms. We want these efforts to enable new and advanced technology adoption within and across SPE business units to ensure SPE stays ahead of the technology curve and help new and innovative stories become reality.
As such, Tech Dev sits in a unique position at the intersection of SPE, Sony Corporate and R&D, top-tier tech companies, and industry standards bodies and provides technology strategy and solutions in support of SPE's various lines of business including Production, Post Production, Marketing, and Distribution departments.
• Prototype and test Cloud automation workflow applications for studio content creation, post-production distribution and archiving
• Develop front-end web UI application for the automated workflow system
• Deploy the AI engines as microservice on the cloud. Integrate the microservices into the fully automated pipeline
• Summarize how these technologies and tools can be used in studio content creation
• Prototype new workflows utilizing such tools, and test some of the following functionalities
• Automatic generation of transcription Automatic generation of foreign language dub (audio) from text or audio Automatic Image upscaling. Automatic video clip composing
• Depending on the expertise in other fields, support other areas of AI testing in the group (e.g. image/sound processing, asset analysis, content creation), if applicable
• Has strong expertise in either web frontend & backend development
• Proficient programming/scripting skills to work independently, including configuring the environment to use external libraries and APIs on various platforms
• A - future thinker' that is excited about technology
• Detail-oriented and willing to perform a lot of detailed work
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Organized thinker
• Able to efficiently and effectively document work
• Familiar with Agile development cycle
• AWS web application development experience is strongly preferred (as primary work is in building prototype applications on AWS)
• A bilingual speaker is preferred, (as testing AI-generated voice in a foreign language)
• Candidates with a list of publications in audio/sound processing are preferred
• Candidates with coding samples (e.g., GitHub / docker repository) and/or contributing to open-source projects are preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios