Fall Intern - Theatrical Marketing , Screen Gems / Tristar
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Theatrical Marketing Intern, Screen Gems/TriStar - Fall 2019
The Screen Gems/TriStar Marketing department handles all marketing and publicity for Screen Gems and TriStar theatrical films. Everything from press junkets to premieres to national/field publicity to national/local promotions (and more) are handled by the department. The marketing department covers general marketing, field publicity, national publicity, and promotions. The department interacts closely with the rest of Sony Pictures Entertainment's marketing teams including digital/online, creative advertising, media, exhibitor relations, global promotions, finance, and more.
• Frequent internet research for promotional items, film buzz/online breaks, theater information, etc.
• Contributing ideas for new promotional items (items will vary by film), college events/screenings
• Participating in department and team brainstorming meetings- offering ideas and input
• Helping at off-site events in the surrounding area (press junkets, special screenings, world premieres, etc.) as needed
• Reading scripts and writing script coverage on an as needed basis
The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following:
• Film Marketing (Field/National Publicity and Promotions)
• Brainstorming/collaborating on publicity stunts, promotional items, promotional partners, etc.
• Working at off-site publicity/promotion events (press junkets, special screenings, media shoots, etc.)
• Time management and organization skills
• Opportunities to interact one-on-one with executives
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Prior marketing/publicity/entertainment experience is helpful but not required
• A good work ethic and a good attitude for learning in a fast-paced environment are essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in a relevant field
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Fall internship is from September through December 13th and all candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).