Fall Intern - Physical Production, Mpg
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Physical Production Intern, MPG – Fall 2022
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal, paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This Fall Internship is from September through December and all candidates must be able to work 10-29 hours a week, Monday through Friday (flexible depending on school schedule) on a hybrid schedule.
Physical Production spearheads and supervises feature film production strategies for Columbia Pictures. The process begins from the time a film title is being considered for production and carries through to the delivery of the movie. We work closely with finance, creative, and business affairs to present a comprehensive production plan and with those partners, closely manage and execute the plan.
• Read scripts on current projects to prepare for engaging in departmental work
• Assist department coordinators in monitoring current productions, including tracking production progress, communicating with internal partners, and engaging with POCs and UPMs on the actual shows
• Assist department coordinators in breaking down scripts and preparing them for scheduling – an essential skill needed to further one's career in physical production in the field
• Watching dailies and making notes with production executives in regards to potential production issues
• Assembling crew availability lists from below -the -line talent agencies
• Attending internal production meetings to learn how finance, post -production, visual effects, and physical production share information and support each other
• A desire to concentrate on physical production rather than development
• Attention to detail
• Interest in researching film rebate programs worldwide
• Display initiative and ask questions about the nuts and bolts of production
• Be familiar with films currently in the theaters as successes and failures are frequently referenced during research
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Enrollment in a Film or Communications program at an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Thalberg Bldg