Fall Intern - International Marketing , Global Distribution
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
International Marketing Intern, Sony Pictures Global Distribution – Fall 2019
The International Marketing team under Sony Pictures Global Distribution (SPGD) creates and executes Feature Film marketing for international territories across multiple downstream windows including Home Entertainment, TV Distribution and Sony Networks initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity for candidates looking to gain invaluable work experience in all aspects of International Marketing in the entertainment industry. The intern will be exposed to global campaign creation and management across a variety of tent-pole feature films from Sony Pictures Entertainment labels, and will gain a cohesive understanding on modern international marketing functions. This includes working directly with multiple international territory offices, as well as collaboratively with internal studio functional groups.
• The International Marketing Intern will assist with feature film global marketing initiatives across multi-cultural territory offices
• Evaluate and offer solutions for asset creation and delivery to territories in a timely manner to achieve definable results
• Establish and optimize regular communication efforts to the Regional management and local office marketing teams
• Develop new opportunities to learn, share ideas and collaborate with colleagues including meeting assignments and next step requirements
• Review marketing materials and generate clear and concise presentations for multiple lines of business
• Deliver new updates and brainstorm ideation efforts to internal marketing colleagues, and present strategies to commercial and account management via technology and in person
• Understand and enhance information in proprietary data systems, with analytics reporting across asset repositories and release planning documentation for optimized global considerations
• Create complementary Social Audit review efforts on theatrical marketing initiatives with suggestions for downstream distribution applications and select KPI's
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with communication across global offices in different time zones
• Ability to work with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Computer proficiency and advanced experience with MS Office products, particularly PowerPoint & SharePoint
• Detail-oriented and enthusiasm for solving problems
• Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Marketing, Global Marketing or International Business
• Interest and experience in International (Personal travel, Study abroad, etc.)
• Interest in the Media & Entertainment business
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Fall internship is from September through December 13th and all candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).